January 2020 Observations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, This is the normal goldentail that I've seen everywhere. Something took a chunk of this one's face.
DSCI0762.jpg

And I apologize, I tried to upload a pic of one of the chain morays I have but it's giving me an error message saying file is empty. I'm in the midst of making dinner and packing to leave Curacao so it may have to wait until tomorrow.

The goldens are really pretty. I have some shots of a free swimming chain moray today. Not are Nat Geo quality but I will throw it up on instagram and link it here. I struggle with posting pics directly to this site.

Sorry to hear your trip is coming to an end
Yeah, but it is time to get back home and play with dogs and get back to work so I can afford to come back! I have to say I think I enjoyed this trip as much as any I have done here. We ended it on the right note with the sea horses and a nice experience with a small turtle on our way back to the entry. The reef, what there is of it, between Eden Beach to Den Laman won't win any beauty contests but it is critterrific!

this morning we dove Windsock and saw a couple chain morays. I can't remember ever seeing one here in a couple hundred dives on the island.

I haven't seen them often diving, but they are around. Years ago, I went to Bonaire with a regional dive group, Parrot Island Divers out of Nashville, and we stayed at Eden Beach Resort. At the end of their manmade sandy 'beach,' is a rocky section extending to the water, which makes a ledge. Well, on the 'beach side' of the rocky shelf, there are uneven places where waves wash over at night, and the water's variable but maybe 2 inches or so deep?

Take a dive light and walk along that at night; some of us watched what I believe were young chain morays hunting along there, in water that barely covered them.

Added Bonaire Files190.jpeg

Added Bonaire Files193.jpeg

Joeneill, Nice video but I think I saw a hand reach out and grab the coral at about the 15 second mark. I assume you were trying to steady yourself. Looked like live coral as well.

Back
Top Bottom