January 2010 Cozumel Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

P.S. What other things did I not talk abot that I should have? Thanks

Nice report Michael. Sorry to hear about the camera loss! It sounds like the dive op lets you dive according to your own air & deco limits and you surface with your buddy. Is that true or is there an imposed time/air limit & you surface as a group?

Thanks for the info. I have been diving for 9 years, but have never been to Cozumel. We are going in May and I have been curious about the drift diving. Thanks!

Great report. And thanks for the drift diving infos. I've been to Cozumel and dove there, but didn't notice how the current infered on my buoyancy if I was head down or fins down. Will have to pay attention to it next time.

Nice report Michael. Sorry to hear about the camera loss! It sounds like the dive op lets you dive according to your own air & deco limits and you surface with your buddy. Is that true or is there an imposed time/air limit & you surface as a group?
There is a request that you stay with the group, behind and above the DM. I believe this assures that everyone will have a greater NDL time than does the DM's computer. That way, at least from a NDL time limit point of view everyone can surface together. Also, the DM should be burning up more air as he is deeper than everyone else so again, all things being equal when he is "out" of air everyone else should have more and you can all surface as a group. I think this is the idea but it doesn't always work out that way. So, if you (or your buddy) have to surface early you should have a safety sausage and a wistle, at least both between the two of you. Obviously if night diving, a strobe would also be a good idea. We used ours on our shore night dive because when we surfaced close to shore there was some jet ski activity even though it was dark! The strobe kept the jet skis away.

Not sure I really answered your question. We were supposed to tell the DM is we got down to 700 PSI. No time limit imposed by the DM or operator.

Drift diving in Coz is just excellent when you have your bouyancy control dialed in. Like gliding along the length of Punta Tuniche and taking in the show while hovering just above the reef, moving with the currents. Going back in March and can hardly wait. :D

DSCN1328.jpg

DSCN1345.jpg

DSCN1349.jpg

DSCN1356.jpg

DSCN1359.jpg

DSCN1367.jpg

DSCN1375.jpg

DSCN1376croped.jpg

DSCN2432.jpgOK, here are some fotos. Forgot to white balance at depth. Sorry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom