Jane C in Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadam

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm heading to Aruba in June. I was certified with Red Sail Sports there years back. I have been to several of the wrecks located in Aruba, including the Antilla, Pedernalis, the Star Gerren and the Debbie II. I am interested in diving the Jane C or Jane Sea this trip. Has anyone been to this wreck, and know how deep it is or how rough the water surface is around it? Also, I guess depending on depth, whether you would use air or Nitrox?

Hope this helps, pictures and dive logs. Time and temp are within.

Jane C
JaneC

My Dive Log
DiveLogs
Graph:
DiveLogs

Nitrox: If you are on a dive boat, there is no need for nitrox, they will not give you the extra time or get close to NDL, Just my opinion.

Nice info and pictures! Thanks for sharing.

I was just there last week. The deck is 40-50 ft and the stern is at about 95 feet to the sand. The water temp was 78-79 F at depth.

The port side of the ship collapsed in Feb 2016 (per the DM) and the starboard side is fractured and appears ready to collapse outward.

Surface conditions will vary: it was light chop and light current this time, whereas in 2015 it was 4 foot swells and strong current (so we just did a drift flyby!).

It's a nice dive with a lot of life and growth on the wreck:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom