Jan 30, 2005 - Night Dive w/ Splashdown Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Greetings fellow conchers... I have some friends from Colorado coming down to FL for a week and a night dive was one of their requests.

So... I talked capt Lynn into a Night Dive on the Captain Tony on Jan 30th. The boat leaves at 7PM (as of now) and the price is $52.50 if you have your own tanks. Otherwise it's +$10 for Air OR +$15 for nitrox on top of the 52.

If you've never dived the Captain Tony. Here's a little info http://splashdowndivers.com/wrecks/capt_tony.htm

Let me say that the Capt Tony is COVERED with growth, sponges, coral, tunicates, and orange cup coral... It is an AMAZING night dive.

I hope some conch will join us for a fun filled evening :D

It is going to be COLD to do a night dive in the winter. You say tanks? Is there going to be a two tank night dive then?

I am waiting to see what my scheldule is going to look like and what the weatherperson predicts.

Orlando Eric:
It is going to be COLD to do a night dive in the winter. You say tanks? Is there going to be a two tank night dive then?

I am waiting to see what my scheldule is going to look like and what the weatherperson predicts.

1 tank... it's not THAT cold... you've got a 7mm too :D

Awww... come on... it will be much warmer at the end of Januay... It's like 1/2 way to spring by then. :D

It gets cold for a few days, and you guys (floridians) think it will never get warm again. :wink:

There is a Hot Shower on the boat.

KWBuddy:
Is that really a good idea given the DCS issues that may result?

--

Bud

Obvious you have never dove cold water.

Thermos's are a standard item for wet suit divers in cold water....

As some like to say, hot water is de rigeur!

Naw, there isn't a DCS issue.

:D

(A former PNW diver)

I'm a floridian, and if I haven't lived in florida I've lived in tropical caribean islands. I'm still diving a 3mm full with water temperatures around 72 degrees. Surely those like howard with 7mm suits can be comfortable diving this time of year.

aabond:
I'm a floridian, and if I haven't lived in florida I've lived in tropical caribean islands. I'm still diving a 3mm full with water temperatures around 72 degrees. Surely those like howard with 7mm suits can be comfortable diving this time of year.

Those like howard... you're funny...

The water isn't colder at night... is it? ha ha

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom