Jameson Karst Edwards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thank you, everyone. he's holding steady. nothing so far has come back positive from all the labs, so that's good. he does have a lot of secretions, so perhaps he just got too gunky to cope.

i held him for about an hour last night, and he just slept & slept. so sweet. they were talking about extubating him today, but we'll see. he *is* back in his crib, so that feels better, too.

really, the only thing different right this minute is that he's on the vent. everything else is pretty much the same. i'm just ready for 'different', as long as that equals 'better'.

BabyDuck... have a meltdown, get it out! Pull from all the support and good vibes that you have on this thread. You and Jameson have many, many prayers coming your way! Keep your chin up... things will get better. {{{HUGS}}}

BabyDuck:
... i'm really getting tired of this. i don't know how other parents have stood watching a healthy child for 15-25-35+ years when i can't stand watching mine for 20 weeks. it's too heart-wrenching.

Darling - cut yourself some slack. Lean on friends and family for support. Understand that other parents (of "healthy" children) get a heck of a lot more positive feedback from there young un's than your little boy has been able to give you YET.

When little Jameson comes running at you with his arms open wide and gives you a big hug and smooch, these long dark roller-coaster days will seem a distant memory.

Keep the faith, and know that we're all pulling for you and your family.

Hugs,
Scuba-sass :)

he's still on the vent, but his bilirubin came down a bit today. a data point does not a trend make, but i'm still happy about it. they are doing some 'grasping at straws' tests to make sure nothing weird is going on, but so far nothing is coming up. i hope to be there for rounds tomorrow & get the full official update.

he looks okey-doke & is still very snuggly and cute!

nice ...

any target date for getting him off the vent?

no...at first they said a day or two, then 'tomorrow', and didn't say anything about it today. i like it better when i don't have to be so careful of that tube, but what he needs is what he needs.

yes, of course

glad you take the time to keep us updated

off the vent again! we're on an upswing right now - we have a family conference tomorrow to talk about discharge (not to really make plans, just to talk about what plans need to be made). i'll let you know what gets discussed.

held him 3 hours today. he slept & slept...

BabyDuck:
off the vent again! we're on an upswing right now - we have a family conference tomorrow to talk about discharge (not to really make plans, just to talk about what plans need to be made). i'll let you know what gets discussed.

held him 3 hours today. he slept & slept...

Oh yes Marci that is wonderful news :yeahbaby: That is a huge positive, yes?

:bananalama:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom