JAlbum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Simon,
I'm not familiar with the Canon cameras. What format do you shoot in, RAW, tiff or jpg?

I have been shooting in SHQ jpg typically which means that I have to be very careful to use programs like IrfanView to do some manipulation of the images, as it allows for lossless saving. That has caused problems for me as I like to use either Photoshop or Elements which in their native format use Adobe psd.

Alot of folks are starting to shoot in RAW, for a variety of reasons, and I think on my next trip I will too. That means, of course, more money for a couple bigger CF cards and an increased time to write images when shooting.

We'll see what happens.
TEdJ

And here's my second attempt, entitled "another small test". Same photos but different layout. This time only thumbs on the first page. When you click on any thumb it takes you to a second page that allows for navigation through all the images. When you click on the camera icon the EXIF data are displayed and they stay displayed as long as you move through the photos without going back to the original thumbnail page. There is also the ability to do a slideshow with the green arrow at the top right. I know I still need to identify the photo as well as provide better instructions for how to navigate.

http://w3.mivlmd.cablespeed.com/~tjanssen/another small test/

Simon, there's something quirky about the Canon cameras and the EXIF data. Go to the "slideflow" skin and read the author's text document. He refers to "Canon" shooters wth difficulty showing EXIF data.

Again soliciting any comments.
Thanks TedJ

I think both formats that you tried are great. I am so impressed by what you guys are doing, keep up the great work so us digital newbies can learn all these slick tricks.

Simon....I agree with Ted, I prefer the black background. It really sets off all the colors better. Also, I'd straighten out your thumbnails. I can't tell if you intend for them to be at different places or if they just got jumbled in the process.

Ted....Exactly what I was talking about! I love the slide show feature and the EXIF off to the side is nice, too. Good job!

Please just don't add any Jimmy Buffet midi music to it! :eek:

Oh dear, I guess that means no Enya either. How about Don Williams?

Thanks Dee.

BTW my thumbs in the right group are slightly out of whack too.

When the board upgrades tonight does that mean we will need to do a new "Favorite"?

TedJ

EDIT:
Simon, I went back to look at your images and saw that most of the EXIF data were there. The reference I made to the skin text document specifically referenced the ISO data element.

TedJ once bubbled...
When the board upgrades tonight does that mean we will need to do a new "Favorite"?

Not supposed to! I'm expecting photos in our personal profiles to need reloading. And some of the photos that we post here every day may get misplaced or scrambled but TechAdmin and NetDoc have a plan for the big change over that should eliminate most of the snafu's. But www.scubaboard.com will stay the same!

Aloha Ted,
I like the latest version a lot. I definetely like the EXIF data next to the photo after clicking on the camera icon. I would keep all the thumbnails the same size.
:D

Gilligan once bubbled...
I would keep all the thumbnails the same size.
:D

OK Sherlock,
I don't know what happened. They are all supposed to be 94x70 but the first group is 94x62. Hmmmm?????

I owe you one!
TEdJ

Back
Top Bottom