JAlbum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan,
It turns out the variable for the thumbnails is a mxheight and maxwidth type of specification based on creating the thumbnails automatically from the original images. If the originals are cropped then the thumbnails wil be smaller. At least I understand why the first group is smaller, now we'll see if I can alter the program. Scratch, scratch. Hmmm.
TEdJ

Have made some significant progress in the last couple of days with JAlbum. The very small test is at www.simonandmerith.com/jalbumtest/

So far I have managed to get the EXIF information automatically into the Overlib popup, having first tested to see if the information is there. If there is no infomation for a particular EXIF field, the script returns 'Not Available' instead. I have also changed to a black background...I think Dee and Gilligan are right, it does show the colours better.

If you click on a thumbnail and scroll down below the photo, you will notice a whole load of other information, some useful some not. This is just a print out of all the information that JAlbum can extract from the photo. I am trying to find a way to extract the information that I want from this list, and add it to the popup. This is just a test, and I will take this information out once I have worked out how to use it. I just thought that some people might be interested to see the extent of the information that can be extracted.

Simon,
You're doing great and since you're on a roll, as we say, can you use the blue outline around the original thumbnails that turns to purple if they have been clicked? My second "another small test" does it that way. IMHO the white outline does not show as well on the black background. I think you are very close to what both of us are looking for and you clearly have a better handle on the html side of things than I do. Great work. I've gotten a number of responses from people who are really appreciating watching these steps turn into something!
TEdJ

Hi Ted....sorry have been away for Christmas and New Year and not had a chance to finish my skins for JAlbum. I should have them done in the next couple of days, and will have them all up on my site for people to see and download the skins. Will post a new thread when I have them all as I want them.

I just downloaded Jalbum, but how do you go about creating the mouseovers and such? Is there a template?

BadFish,
Go to thier website and navigate to creating skins or extras. You can download about 20 different ones.

The first one that I am testing is called vertical mouseover. But it has a few drawbacks that I'm trying to fix.
TedJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom