Jakarta airport vip fast track arrival

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He didn’t make it to Jakarta.

I did make it - it was a really nice trip!

Jakarta entry from Singapore (10AM arrival) was actually very easy and quick - was off the plane, through immigration/Visa and had my bags in about 20 minutes. I didn’t have to change terminals. Terminal 3 is very nice/modern, but HUGE - so lot’s of walking or conveyer riding!

Hey guys, any guidance on these three legs thru Jakarta would be greatly appreciated:

Leg 1: We arrive Jakarta from Tokyo on Feb 27 at 4:15pm and depart that same night at 12:05AM (Feb 28) for Sorong on Batik. What is the best way to get from the international to the domestic terminal? Any other tips on entry, visa, vaccination, etc.? And can we get Indo cash in an ATM the way we do in Europe, etc.?

Leg 2: We fly Sorong to Yogykarta via Jakarta March 10, both flights are Batik. I assume our bags will check thru and we will be in same arrival and departure terminal flying thru Jakarta?

Leg 3: We fly Batik from Yogykarta to Jakarta March 13 arriving Jakarta at 5:40pm and are staying the night at the Jakarta Airport Hotel, which is in Terminal 2E, for our 6:20am United Airlines departure March 14 to return to the US (via Tokyo). Again, best way to get to Terminal 2E from Batik arrival terminal? And is hotel easy to find, near UA check-in desk? Is there a better option than this hotel to spend the night?

Many, many thanks for your help.

Leg 1
I think you’ll arrive from Tokyo in Terminal 3. Batik is in Terminal 2. The best way to go to Terminal 2 is by Sky Train free of charge. Make sure you go to Terminal 2 early enough while the Sky Train is still operating. Go there by 10pm at the latest.

Bring your Covid vaccine card. Go directly to Visa on Arrival (VoA) booth to get your visa stamped on your passport. It costs $35, paid at the VoA booth.

Bring enough travel cash ($500). There are plenty of Money Exchange booth right outside of Customs office. Change your money to Rupiah.

Bring an unlocked smartphone that has actual SIM card slot (not iPhone 14 that only has e-SIM, no more SIM card slot). After you exchange your travel money, buy Telkomsel SIM card with big enough data capacity (Rp.500,000 worth of data) and let the Telkomsel agent activate your unlocked smartphone. You can use that phone as your personal hotspot whenever free WiFi isn’t available in wherever you need an internet access. Most local operators use WhatsApp to communicate. So, install WhatsApp in your US smartphone, if you haven’t done so.

Take the elevator to the 2nd floor to catch the Sky Train.

Leg 2
Yes, you will be on domestic Terminal 2.

Leg 3
Batik is in Terminal 2. The best way to get to Jakarta Airport Hotel is to take elevator after getting your luggage. However the UA check-in booth is in Terminal 3. You need to take a taxi to go from Terminal 2 to Terminal 3 at wee hours in the morning (4am). Sky Train will be closed in that early morning. I suggest if you can book Anara hotel in Terminal 3, right above Customs office (and Jakarta Airport hotel booking can be cancelled without losing a night stay), then take Sky Train to Terminal 3 after you arrive from Yogyakarta in Terminal 2. So you can check out from Anara at 4am on the next day and make a 5-minute walk from the hotel to UA checking counter.

Is it possible to do any steps ahead before departure
If you are arriving in Jakarta, you can do an eVisa and your customs form before arrival.

Leg 1
I think you’ll arrive from Tokyo in Terminal 3. Batik is in Terminal 2. The best way to go to Terminal 2 is by Sky Train free of charge. Make sure you go to Terminal 2 early enough while the Sky Train is still operating. Go there by 10pm at the latest.

Bring your Covid vaccine card. Go directly to Visa on Arrival (VoA) booth to get your visa stamped on your passport. It costs $35, paid at the VoA booth.

Bring enough travel cash ($500). There are plenty of Money Exchange booth right outside of Customs office. Change your money to Rupiah.

Bring an unlocked smartphone that has actual SIM card slot (not iPhone 14 that only has e-SIM, no more SIM card slot). After you exchange your travel money, buy Telkomsel SIM card with big enough data capacity (Rp.500,000 worth of data) and let the Telkomsel agent activate your unlocked smartphone. You can use that phone as your personal hotspot whenever free WiFi isn’t available in wherever you need an internet access. Most local operators use WhatsApp to communicate. So, install WhatsApp in your US smartphone, if you haven’t done so.

Take the elevator to the 2nd floor to catch the Sky Train.

Leg 2
Yes, you will be on domestic Terminal 2.

Leg 3
Batik is in Terminal 2. The best way to get to Jakarta Airport Hotel is to take elevator after getting your luggage. However the UA check-in booth is in Terminal 3. You need to take a taxi to go from Terminal 2 to Terminal 3 at wee hours in the morning (4am). Sky Train will be closed in that early morning. I suggest if you can book Anara hotel in Terminal 3, right above Customs office (and Jakarta Airport hotel booking can be cancelled without losing a night stay), then take Sky Train to Terminal 3 after you arrive from Yogyakarta in Terminal 2. So you can check out from Anara at 4am on the next day and make a 5-minute walk from the hotel to UA checking counter.
I only transited through terminal 3 so can’t speak to moving between terminals!

On Leg 3, i agree with Dan - I stayed at Anara in December as I had a 14 hour layover and it was a super easy inside walk right over to Terminal 3 (it’s connected by a skybridge) to catch my fight to Sorong on Garuda! The hotel was modern, clean and had a decent restaurant as well!

On Leg 1, make sure to go to the cashier window first to pay for the visa and then get on the line for your VOA (cashier windows are to the right of the VOA) as it was not clear to me and I got on the wrong line first!

@Dan, I can't thank you enough for the fantastic and detailed response!! Per your rec, I just cancelled the Jakarta Airport hotel and booked Anara. I will be sure to bring a lot of cash for exchanging. I need to find out (maybe you or others know) whether I can tip the Arenui staff with a credit card; otherwise, I'll be carrying around a huge wad of cash!

Thanks once again, Dan. I have read many, many of your super-helpful posts in the past and hereby nominate you for Most Helpful Nicest ScubaBoard member!!

• Thanks
Reactions: Dan
@tursiops thanks for your post, but when I looked into getting the visa online it was $89pp. And maybe was a different kind of visa since, as I'm sure you know better than me, all you need from the US is a tourist 30-day visa.

Thanks.

@tursiops thanks for your post, but when I looked into getting the visa online it was $89pp. And maybe was a different kind of visa since, as I'm sure you know better than me, all you need from the US is a tourist 30-day visa.

Thanks.
I'm headed to Sorong in April, so I'm following this thread because I will transit through Jakarta (although we are using Batik airlines). The Indonesian e-visa is 500,000 rupia (~$32)
You can apply here: Indonesian eVoa, This login pase is used for the issuance of e-VOA for foreigners who will enter Indonesia

Back
Top Bottom