Jakarta airport vip fast track arrival

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Dan, I can't thank you enough for the fantastic and detailed response!! Per your rec, I just cancelled the Jakarta Airport hotel and booked Anara. I will be sure to bring a lot of cash for exchanging. I need to find out (maybe you or others know) whether I can tip the Arenui staff with a credit card; otherwise, I'll be carrying around a huge wad of cash!

Thanks once again, Dan. I have read many, many of your super-helpful posts in the past and hereby nominate you for Most Helpful Nicest ScubaBoard member!!
On Blue Manta, you could tip with a credit card - but it added a 4-5% surcharge. I exchanged cash in Jakarta and, yes , it was quite the wad (and they put it in a brown paper bag so I felt a bit like a drug dealer…. 😂)

CEBEAC91-E357-4614-8601-21BC542911F2.jpeg

@tursiops thanks for your post, but when I looked into getting the visa online it was $89pp. And maybe was a different kind of visa since, as I'm sure you know better than me, all you need from the US is a tourist 30-day visa.

Thanks.
It only took about 10-15 minutes to pay and get the VOA in person - so not a big deal (unless many flights arrive at the same time, I suppose - there was only 1 other flight that appeared to come in at the same time as ours)

@tursiops thanks for your post, but when I looked into getting the visa online it was $89pp. And maybe was a different kind of visa since, as I'm sure you know better than me, all you need from the US is a tourist 30-day visa.

Thanks.
You want the eVoA, not the regular visa.

I can tip the Arenui staff with a credit card; otherwise, I'll be carrying around a huge wad of cash!
You might keep some of USD for tips. I haven’t been in Arenui, but I have been on 12 liveaboards in Indonesia and all of them was happy to get tips in USD.

I have been on the Arenui 3 times. Always paid for wine, souvenirs and tipped on the boat in USD, no problem.

On Blue Manta, you could tip with a credit card - but it added a 4-5% surcharge. I exchanged cash in Jakarta and, yes , it was quite the wad (and they put it in a brown paper bag so I felt a bit like a drug dealer…. 😂)

Tip: Use ATM instead of money exchanger. You'd get much better exchange rate (Fidelity refunds ATM fees worldwide). The Indonesian ATMs dispense either Rp 100K or Rp 50K denomination - see the sign on the ATM. At arrival at the airport, I'd use the ATMs twice get a combo of more 100K, less 50K. You don't need those Rp 2K denomination, unless you're paying the parking guys in Jakarta a lot of times lol.

Anyone getting Visa on Arrival at CGK (Jakarta Cengkareng/Soekarno Hatta airport) would need to pay Rp 500K by cash. There are 2 ATMs in the same large hall as the VoA counters. Skip the money exchanger.

Back
Top Bottom