Jakarta airport fun?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opalobsidian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
due to an unfortunate rescheduling of flights, it appears we have an 8 hour lay-over at the Jakarta airport on our way to Kota Kinabalu. Any suggestions for big fun around the airport?

Thanks!
Shivaya

Hi pam,

Not much you can do around the airport except golf. You should go to the city.
I assume you'll use AA to KK frm Jkt - traffic in jakarta is not too bad if you arrive on saturday; there's few places you can reach within 1 hour from airport + 2 hours waiting time - so, you'll have 4 hours for fun.
Here's some choices:
- shopping cheap garment at mangga dua
- Ancol dream land / fantasy world / sea world- but you have far better at home.
- old port sunda kelapa
- visit big malls (Taman Anggrek mall, ciputra, pacific place, ect.)
- visit several museums - can be interesting but typically not well maintain.
Indonesia Miniature parks is nice but probably a bit too far from airport.
Or let me know if you have any specific preference.
But on working hours; traffic in Jakarta very unpredictable - you may spend 3-4 hours or even more for roundtrip to those places.
I'll be in jakarta for 2 weeks mid of July

Hey Wisnu!

Great to hear from you! It's that time of year again isn't it?

Sounds like the Jakarta airport area isn't brimming over with fun. Wonder if we should just bite the bullet and buy another set of tickets from Lion Air or something. Too bad we will miss you, we're going thru J-town June 26th.

Hope all is well with you and your family, and you're having great vacations! Aren't you glad one of your oil wells isn't leaking...gushing really. What do you think will happen with ours?

Sampai jumpah
Pamela Shivaya

Pam,
26 June is sat - so traffic jakarta is not so bad - you can reach all those place within one hour unless heavy raining.
You can dive with Shark at Sea World ancol for USD 40 incl. equipment - guarantee will see shark, rays, mother grouper ect.

Today, I saw school of batfish, turtle, million anchovies, and other big fish in our water here; good viz - too bad not during diving; i saw them from our oil platform; don't worry I don't release even a drop of oil to our water.

We're all fine here - can't wait tomorrow evening for our flight to Manila for a week diving trip in Anilao.

Diving with sharks sounds like the best option by far!

Very exciting about your upcoming dive trip to the Phillipines...have a fantastic time and tell me all about it so I'll have something to dream and scheme about for next year.

Salamat Jalan!

Hi pam,

Not much you can do around the airport except golf. You should go to the city.
I assume you'll use AA to KK frm Jkt - traffic in jakarta is not too bad if you arrive on saturday; there's few places you can reach within 1 hour from airport + 2 hours waiting time - so, you'll have 4 hours for fun.
Here's some choices:
- shopping cheap garment at mangga dua
- Ancol dream land / fantasy world / sea world- but you have far better at home.
- old port sunda kelapa
- visit big malls (Taman Anggrek mall, ciputra, pacific place, ect.)
- visit several museums - can be interesting but typically not well maintain.
Indonesia Miniature parks is nice but probably a bit too far from airport.
Or let me know if you have any specific preference.
But on working hours; traffic in Jakarta very unpredictable - you may spend 3-4 hours or even more for roundtrip to those places.
I'll be in jakarta for 2 weeks mid of July
Thanks for the tips; I've got a few days in Jakarta . . .I'll be there for a week in late July into Aug. Going to Anyer to embark on the M/V Cecelia Ann, and dive the WWII Cruisers USS Houston and HMAS Perth over in Banten Bay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom