Jakarta airport, can we buy alcohol or cigarettes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope I don't sound like a drunk but 1 litre for 10 days on a liveabord is not much. I had hoped to get an extra bottle in Jakarta or sorong before we boarded. Bill

We just purchased alcohol in Singapore a few months ago on the way to North Sulawesi. Just to clarify, its 1 litre per person, not group. Thus, since you stated "we", just have each person in your group purchase a bottle and then thats your exta bottle. :)

Additionally, in Singapore, at the Duty Free Shop, they drop the bottle in a heavy duty clear plastic bag with the receipt and this bag must remain sealed until you exit customs in Indonesia. Whatever you do, dont over purchase (only purchase 1 litre per person).

Have a great trip!

Just back so can answer my own question. Cigs were only $2.00 but hard liquor was nonexistent. In Sorong we did ask our cabbie about it, he took us to a side street and a local ask "black label?" We said no vodka. He said he would go make us some.... We passed on the mystery bottle.

One liter of good wine is one great evening's supply for me.

- Bill
Huh... didn't see you much on a great white wine that evening. Next time, I'll bring you plonk :p

Fantastic!@ I'll sell it for 3X the price to fund my next trip -- don't like the white stuff. When are you coming to this region again?
Can't wait for the plonk? try battery acid with a handful of woodchips for the taste
Xmas time most probably (checking the flights these last days).

When I was in Bali, we gave up on liquor and drank Bintang beer. It's not too bad. Don't even think of trying the Indonesian liquors. Don't even taste one out of curiosity.

Back
Top Bottom