Jacksonville Folks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

willianstr1ker

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
HOw you guys doing, my name is Willian, i'm moving to jacksonville in about 2 weeks from Deerfield Beach, and i was wondering what kind of dive sites you guys have out there? is there anyone willing to show me around town? what is there to do for fun in there? thanks guys. :D

There are a few members from Jacksonville, scroll down a page or two and you'll notice a few other threads. Perhaps someone will chime in soon enough?...

Hey I'm from jacksonville and well im new to diving so I havent been to any spots yet except out to some of the springs. Too much work and no dive buddy has really limited my experience so far but hopefully soon I will know whats up with the local scene.

hey, sorry... didn't see this until just now

there are a couple of dive boats out of Jax (Atlantic Pro Divers and Jax Scuba).
Jax Scuba caters more to spearfhisermen; Atlantic Pro work the divers.

both are good crews with good boats. dives are ususally one wreck and one
natural ledge (like a limsetone reef with soft corals). lots of fish. vis can get
very good (upward of 50 feet) or sometimes low ... depends ...

it's about an hour's boat ride to the sites ... i think prices are still around $85 per
two-tank dive this year. season runs from April to September.

you can also head west of Jax to cave country and do some nice spring diving within
2 hours of here.

Hello, I'm a little north of jax in fernandina. I am trying to meet some new divers in the area since I am new to this area as well. I have dove with H2andy before, I'm not sure if he remembers or not. It was out of key largo when I was living in Miami. I have my own boat we can dive off of but I am thinking it may be wiser to charter first and then dive off my boat. Hopefully we'll get some diving in soon.
back40

back40, didn't we dive the Grove in the morning, when all those divers were
ending up at the wrong boats due to the current?

i could be wrong

(please don't tell me you were there for the hurling session)

anyone heard of diver's supply over at beach ave? i think thats what its called and where it is, are they a good store? i'm a padi rescue diver and i want to get the divemaster done in jax if possible, where do you guys suggest i go?

Diver's Supply is alright ... they have some good instructors ... their best deals are
with Sea Elite stuff

i have no idea what they'd be like to train with. they don't run any boats. they
either go to the springs on trips or down to Key Largo and use local boats.

back40:
Hello, I'm a little north of jax in fernandina. I am trying to meet some new divers in the area since I am new to this area as well. I have dove with H2andy before, I'm not sure if he remembers or not. It was out of key largo when I was living in Miami. I have my own boat we can dive off of but I am thinking it may be wiser to charter first and then dive off my boat. Hopefully we'll get some diving in soon.
back40

I ALSO have dove with H2Andy before , but he will deny it , fer sure. He's a great diver ...

Silt-eater...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom