Izu water temp. for July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daiika

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello, has anyone been diving Izu lately? I know the water temp. at IOP is about 16-19C this week. What about vis? I know last year July vis was about 3 meters.

July 21 is Umi no hi. Ocean Day. Diving season starts. :callme:

Daiika

Diving season starts.....where you been? LOL
IOP was 21/22C for us several weeks ago. That seems to be about the norm throughout Izu right now, for the first 15 meters or so. It gets cooler beyond that.....

Thanks Jagfish. I was reading the Japanese IOP report. Guess I have to dust off the gear this week. Been out of the water since March.

I just came back from diving in Izu and it temp changes between 17 (20m) and 21 (5m) degrees. Vis was as low as 1-2m today and as good as 15-18m on Friday. It is really hard to make any estimates about vis and completely depends on location, time, number of other divers, and tides. Boat dives should give you at least 3-5m vis though in July.

West or East coast?

Atami, Saturday 18 degrees at 30 meters, visibility 10-20 meters, 20 degrees at 10 meters, visibility 5-10 meters, 21 degrees at surface, vis 2-5 meters

Futo Sunday 20 degrees at 15 meters, visiblity 8-15 meters

Diving season never ends...

Back
Top Bottom