I've MISSED you guys!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry I missed you Jamie and-- quite possibly Rick too!--
I got to Deercreek at 7:15 and it was nasty, but I really wanted to get a dive in so I headed to the next dive site south; 40000 PCH-- parking lot full of surfers; primarily because of the surf. I headed down to Leo, the south bay of Leo being my last chance-- Eureka! Although it had a bunch of surfers, the waves were ankle-slappers! Also, the tide was high, so I wouldn't have to scramble across the rocks, but enter rather leisurely and swim out past these obviously misinformed surfers. It seemed like a good, sound idea coming from a keen site evaluation; surf mild, kelp up, water not too churned up. I donned my suit and walk past a dozen cars back to the wooden staircase. As I gazed out at ocean, a big set of 4'-5' waves came in! I waited for a break and was able to get quickly get out without incident, but as I dropped down to 17', the water went from murky to dark. The kind of dark that a kick-ass halogen light doesn't dent. I struggled to see the rock formations that the surge raced me towards, and as I bounced off one laden with sea urchins, I decided that the nagging thing that was bothering me topside was the fact that THIS WAS A STUPID IDEA! I surfaced and swam back in-- proverbial tail between my legs as nearby surfers glanced at me quizzically.... On the positive side, the surface swim is a great workout for the legs! But you still have to wash your gear even if your bottom time doesn't break two minutes!.... Hope to see you guys soon1

Sorry I missed you Jamie and-- quite possibly Rick too!--
I got to Deercreek at 7:15 and it was nasty, but I really wanted to get a dive in so I headed to the next dive site south; 40000 PCH-- parking lot full of surfers; primarily because of the surf. I headed down to Leo, the south bay of Leo being my last chance-- Eureka! Although it had a bunch of surfers, the waves were ankle-slappers! Also, the tide was high, so I wouldn't have to scramble across the rocks, but enter rather leisurely and swim out past these obviously misinformed surfers. It seemed like a good, sound idea coming from a keen site evaluation; surf mild, kelp up, water not too churned up. I donned my suit and walk past a dozen cars back to the wooden staircase. As I gazed out at ocean, a big set of 4'-5' waves came in! I waited for a break and was able to get quickly get out without incident, but as I dropped down to 17', the water went from murky to dark. The kind of dark that a kick-ass halogen light doesn't dent. I struggled to see the rock formations that the surge raced me towards, and as I bounced off one laden with sea urchins, I decided that the nagging thing that was bothering me topside was the fact that THIS WAS A STUPID IDEA! I surfaced and swam back in-- proverbial tail between my legs as nearby surfers glanced at me quizzically.... On the positive side, the surface swim is a great workout for the legs! But you still have to wash your gear even if your bottom time doesn't break two minutes!.... Hope to see you guys soon1

No worries, our viz was MAYBE 12". I also had a WHOPPING bottom time of 1' 53sec! I'll catch you another time and hopefully better conditions.

Longest dive ever 1'53sec. its a new record.

:dork2: You need to log that dive. It could be worth a snorkel at one of our picnics.

:rofl3:

Want to dive at Vet's sometime this week?

Hey Ren, yeah, that dive time is one for the record books,huh?! I would like to do vets this week,Monday,Tuesday or Friday will work for me.Let me know what works for you. Do you want to make it a night dive? If not a night dive, I am home from work by 3:00.Talk to you soon. Jamie

Hey Ren, yeah, that dive time is one for the record books,huh?! I would like to do vets this week,Monday,Tuesday or Friday will work for me.Let me know what works for you. Do you want to make it a night dive? If not a night dive, I am home from work by 3:00.Talk to you soon. Jamie

Hey, my first dive at the rigs today may very well have beat that record...but I don't know because MY COMPUTER DIED! (Which is why I called the damn dive to begin with...)

I can't today, but Tuesday or Friday work. I'm ready to go after 5 PM. Night or Day both work for me. I'm PMing you my phone number so call me if you want to go Tuesday so that I load my gear in the morning before I leave for work. :coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom