It's Torture, I tell ya...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit:
Diving Sunday eh? At Gilboa? Hubby, Notsoken and I will be there on the deep side Sunday morning for a couple of dives. Should I bring the video camera :eyebrow:
Ber :lilbunny:

Okay- I'll look for you- that's your picture in your avatar, right? So I'll know you when I see you!

I'll be with Dive Guy Scuba- I hadn't decided on Sunday but I think I'm going to go. I'll be the one with the panyhose on my hands and Wal-Mart bags on my feet waddling around looking like a very tall penguin in my partially-donned wetsuit.

You won't be able to miss me...

Oh, I have a yellow snorkel- it should complete the picture :)

trucker girl:
Okay- I'll look for you- that's your picture in your avatar, right? So I'll know you when I see you!

I'll be with Dive Guy Scuba- I hadn't decided on Sunday but I think I'm going to go. I'll be the one with the panyhose on my hands and Wal-Mart bags on my feet waddling around looking like a very tall penguin in my partially-donned wetsuit.

Oh come on Trucker Girl you have got to post a picture of that LOL. By the way Welcome to the Board.

santafejoe:
Oh come on Trucker Girl you have got to post a picture of that LOL. By the way Welcome to the Board.

Thanks for the welcome...

What? Is your imagination not good enough?

If FredT posts a picture of himself wearing panyhose (and, of course, holding his snorkel so we don't think he's just wearing them for a night on the town...), I will THINK about posting a picture of myself wearing my fully donned wetsuit.

Sorry, that's as racy as I'm willing to get!

(Don't worry, you're not missing anything- the penguin picture is a much better mental image, trust me!)

trucker girl:

I've got more black gear now and my hoses on my new reg aren't wrapped--yet--so I actually appear to match wearing mostly blue and yellow. OH, the rabbit ear hood I wear now should give me away pretty easily. Just follow the line of giggling divers on the deep side :wink: I'll be in a dark gray Chevy HHR with a stripe package on the side that includes a shark on each rear quarter panel and the word "Wicked" below the stripe on the door :devil_3:
Ber :lilbunny:

Rishidian:
I wear a Bare XXXL 2 piece (farmer john + jacket) 7mm wetsuit (the water is typically 54 Deg F in the summer). I have a very hard time getting the farmer johns on. Once I'm at the dive site, I need to start donning early just so i can finish late - if I take too long, I'll get left behind.
The suit fits well (much better than the XXL), once it's on. The problem is getting it on my legs and feet. I have to really work hard to pull it on, then once it's on, I have to be concerned with overheating due to the herculean efforts to get it on.
I think I'll try the pantyhose trick on my dive tomorrow morning. I'm pretty secure in myself, so that's not a problem. Since most of the people I dive with dive dry (and wear precious little under their drysuit underwear, it won't look funny for me to do the ol' change at the car door thing. I just have to figure out the best size. And if someone decides to video tape me, then I'll have to worry about what color looks best with my trunks.
If it works, I'll have to figure a way to explain it to my wife...

How did I miss this one?

If someone videotapes you changing in the car (from a respectable distance) even that would be funny! I can't imagine changing in the car! I wear my swimsuit on the drive up and change in the changing room for the drive back. No car twister for me... and definitely no porta potty twister!

Just tell your wife you're exploring your inner self... I'm sure she'll understand :)

I'm going to try knee highs... that way if Ber does take her video camera (and sneaks up behind me when I'm not looking) I won't have that much to explain...

trucker girl:
If FredT posts a picture of himself wearing panyhose (and, of course, holding his snorkel so we don't think he's just wearing them for a night on the town...), I will THINK about posting a picture of myself wearing my fully donned wetsuit.

Please note that the last time I donned an unlined 1/4" suit (they didn't come in mm thickness then) for any reason the concept of a digital camera MAY have occurred to someone in NASA. I'm certain noboby else had thought of them. Earthbound computers lived in heavily airconditioned rooms, and "debugging" a computer involved picking insects out of relays. Any film related pictures from that era will have to be reprinted from my stored negatives that may have survived last August's earth tilting. IF they still exist at all they are on the bottom of the warehouse storing the things Katrina didn't either send "inland" or just wash away. If the gods smile on the rebuilding effort I may be able to get into that pile sometime in the fall of '08.

FT

Has anyone else ever gotten a neoprene wedgie when only wearing the jacket of a FJ&J? Yesterday 2nd Dive I joined that elusive club. And you can't do anything but take off the wetsuit...

FredT:
Please note that the last time I donned an unlined 1/4" suit (they didn't come in mm thickness then) for any reason the concept of a digital camera MAY have occurred to someone in NASA. I'm certain noboby else had thought of them. Earthbound computers lived in heavily airconditioned rooms, and "debugging" a computer involved picking insects out of relays. Any film related pictures from that era will have to be reprinted from my stored negatives that may have survived last August's earth tilting. IF they still exist at all they are on the bottom of the warehouse storing the things Katrina didn't either send "inland" or just wash away. If the gods smile on the rebuilding effort I may be able to get into that pile sometime in the fall of '08.

FT

Well, that explains the lack of documentation...

And FYI for everyone- the bags didn't work so well.. on my feet they did okay, but the arms were just so-so. And I didn't have anywhere to put the bags down at the dock where I put the final touches on my gear donning...

So- I think I'm stuck having to buy a skin. And if THAT doesn't work... You guys who said "dive skin"... I'm coming after you. All of you. I have no martial arts training or even self-defense skills, but I'm sure I'll come up with something!

Back
Top Bottom