It's the middle age crises thing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile, as suggested here: http://www.scubaboard.com/t60416.html I update mine after every trip.

:D

I know about the mid-life thing, my friend. I started at 39. Now I'm 42 and a bit gung ho about the whole thing...

...better late than never!

-Grier

Thanks to all for the friendly welcome. So many of you guys (and girls) have a lot of experience to share. It's gonna be fun....

Ooooooh yes. You need to hook up with some beach divers. There's nothing like being able to do a 90 minute dive for the price of an air fill and parking. Totals out around $7 most days and the reefs are fantastic. Lots of turtles, nurse sharks, lobsters, and more reef fish than you can look at.

Hope to see you down south some time,
Grier

KnotKrazy:
... another middle age crisis thing...

You say that like it is a bad thing. Welcome to the board.

I too started diving in middle age at 48. It was that or get a gf and the wife would never agree to that so diving it was.

Diving is great fun and exercise so dive often.

Enjoy.

Is it just my impression or do late starters get a much warmer welcome than the younger ones? :eyebrow:

Anybody care to speculate on the reasons?

Welcome aboard.

Maybe because people don't expect us middle-aged and older people to try new things, especially something physical like diving?

miketsp:
Is it just my impression or do late starters get a much warmer welcome than the younger ones? :eyebrow:

Anybody care to speculate on the reasons?

Welcome aboard.
And I thought the young ladies garner the most attention here as everywhere from divers. Hahah.......

I started diving in my 40's as well and going out on most dive boats I am almost always the oldest. I appreciate the enthusiam and welcome from the younger people. Maybe they feel sorry for us?

Mantaman:
And I thought the young ladies garner the most attention here as everywhere from divers. Hahah.......

I started diving in my 40's as well and going out on most dive boats I am almost always the oldest. I appreciate the enthusiam and welcome from the younger people. Maybe they feel sorry for us?

I hope they aren't feeling sorry for us.
I'm not 51, I'm 21 with 30 years of experience.....lol :eyebrow:

KnotKrazy:
I hope they aren't feeling sorry for us.
I'm not 51, I'm 21 with 30 years of experience.....lol :eyebrow:

Similar to the stated above generally my wife & I are the oldest on the boat.
I'm pretty sure they don't feel sorry for us. Especially when they see us diving with our son (22 yrs) nearly all of the younger group say that they really wished that their parents would learn to dive with them. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom