It's the little things in diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lundysd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
What are your favorite little things in diving that make it all worthwhile?

--That first whoosh when you crack your tank valve and see your LP steel tanks are pumped up to 3000 psi

--That first breath when you drop down underwater, and you realize you're in a whole different world

--The first time you descend into the abyss and see the 18 foot prop of your first wreck dive looming in the distance

--Being able to stop moving completely and just hover motionless for what seems like hours

--Popping the surface after that perfect dive with the same S***-eatin grin your buddy has on his face

--The smell of neoprene

--Seeing a car on the road with a dive flag sticker, and just understanding

When that 2inch 2oz clownfish comes barreling out of his anenomie to defend it against the 6ft 240lb monster that is attacking it. I back away maybe not in fear but with a huge smile upon my face.
:D :D :D :D :D :D

For me it's after I've rinsed my gear, showered and changed, and am sitting somewhere nice with a beer cracked. That's when I have that good physical feeling of weariness and can mentally go over the various cool things I did (like floating neutrally) and saw.

... the sound of the bubbles.
... the feeling of the 'other world' floating further away with each foot ya' go down

and... yea... them dive flag stickers and "just knowin'"...

J.R.

-Letting those first drops of water under the glideskin of a 3mm suit on a hot day...

-Taking the first checkout breaths on the regs, on the first dive of a long dive weekend...

-A grill-out that evening, under a semi-orange sky, knowing you're going again in the morning...

-Downloading my data after a trip, and smiling at the dive each graphed profile brings back to mind...

-Making plans for the next trip, the night I get back from the last...

Riding the flow out of a cave and twisting around to negotiate the turns....its the human version of flying.

When thinking on all the GOOD things about diving, the smell of neoprene is never on the good list!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom