Its that time!!

Any interest in treasure dives since tooth dives are going to be "renourished" over?

• Yes - fanning the sand, looking for a treasure to take home..tooth or coin, its all fun!

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • NO! I still want to find a meg, now I'll be 100' closer to the bone yard!

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Don't matter to me - can we combine it and dive for gold teeth?!

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla

~..facebook conch..~
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Yup.. its that time for me to start planning another Conch event... why? Well, lets start with the fact its been a month since the last one I put together... oh and I didn't get to dive, though I was wet. Lets also look at the concept of diving, you know, what this board is all about.. I haven't done it since OCTOBER 21ST, 2004 and I'm feeling REALLY DRY! Well, I've had good reason but hey, I'm an athelete (dont let my round figure fool you its temporary and going away some now that I'm getting more and more active) and as such, I am FED UP with being CHAIR BOUND! Did I mention its been to long sice I've been on a dive?

OK.. so that being said, let me mention there are a few minor restrictions. First, its tough to climb something where I am dependant upon my right arm to partially support the weight. The strength simply is not there yet, but every day I work on it and it will be back. This means that as much as I want to fall off boats and dog paddle around in deep water getting back on the boat could be not just uncomfortable but possibly reinjure my shoulder. Also, rock-n-roll in boats could present a balance issue that I simply can't handle yet..

No big deal, we live in FLORIDA! The central and south east coast is peppered with shore dive locations that are fun to do and easy to get in and out of. The West coast has Venice beach which is going to be ruined soon with "renourishment".

Sooooooooooooo.. I've been thinking.... perhaps its time to look around at the East coast, most notably the Vero Beach area where there are reefs close to shore with the added bonus of possibly finding Spanish Gold (and silver) lost amongst the reefs... What sort of interest is there to shift sides of the state for dives???

Since I live on the east coast, I'm all for a Vero beach dive. The gold sounds good too :)

If it's late May or after, I'd like to go. Start PADI classes Monday, OWD certify May 14/15. Then, it's game on!!! :crafty:

guys, don't forget the Ginnie Megadive, May 13-15

H2Andy:
guys, don't forget the Ginnie Megadive, May 13-15

Out of absolute respect for the Ginnie dive and the weekend event that Ken has spent time planning anything I plan will absolutely not conflict. I'm not able to attend that event however I encourage anyone who can go to do so - the friendship, diving, and comradary of attending a weekend camping with other divers is just amazing.

The ideas in my head are a replacement for the random weekend meetings that occur up at Venice once the renourishment project begins and basically takes the diving there and turns it into a boneyard only event.

Don't forget the second annual KBulla Birthday bash at Venice end of June

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom