It's settled...we're going to FIBR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Lori

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We're going to Fantasy Island in Roatan in late August. I've got my gear and I've got my DEET :D and I've ready to go! Anyone else going late August?

Just a suggestion, but they (FIBR) are running a special for Sept and Oct of $539 p/p for room, food and diving. I am thinking of returning there during that time. Have a great trip.

Aeolus:
Just a suggestion, but they (FIBR) are running a special for Sept and Oct of $539 p/p for room, food and diving. I am thinking of returning there during that time. Have a great trip.
Isn't that the rainy/hurricane season? I've been a little wary of going down to Central America in late summer/early fall.
Am I mistaken?

nyctitans:
Isn't that the rainy/hurricane season? I've been a little wary of going down to Central America in late summer/early fall.
Am I mistaken?

That, and a bunch of other reasons is why FIBR is so cheap.

That is the most likely time for hurricanes, but I believe that the rainy season is generally considered Oct through Jan. I was there for two weeks in Jan of last year and it rained every day. We did not miss any dives from it, but it did make for a rather sloppy time of it. I have stayed at FIBR numerous times and have not had any problem at all. The staff is great and the A/C rooms are really good. Everyone remarks about the shore diving from Cocoview, but you can do the same dives from the gazebo at FIBR. Roberto does a really good job of running the dive operations. Hope you have a great time.

Lori, I posted on your malaria preventative thread...

I love FIBR! A few pointers:

(1) Don't worry about bats flying around the outdoor dinning room. They don't bother anyone but the mosquitos.

(2) Do not use the tap water orally, at all. They'll bring safe water to your room and put it in your fridge. Ask for more if you like. Rinse all mouthpieces with Listerine.

(3) Keep Deet spray in room and in dive locker, and use anytime you leave either to protect more from sand bugs.

(4) Don't leave dive bag open in locker. Iguana dumped in mine. :D

And tell Wild Willy Howdy from Dandy Don from Texas...!!

DandyDon:
Rinse all mouthpieces with Listerine.

Why, pray tell? Because regs are rinsed in tap water?

Another question for those who have been there, specifically Dandy Don. Don (and others), you mentioned a dive locker.....do I need to bring a combination lock?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom