ITS regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onefastpony

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A buddy of mine has a naval rescue equipment business and happens to be a dealer for aqualung and for ITS. He just go certified and plans on buying ITS through his company. I too am in need of gear and was wondering if ITS is just as good as Aqualung or if I should just get the Aqualung stuff.

Personally I would go with the Aqualung regulator because they have been around a long time and will always have parts support. I am pretty sure they can be serviced all over the world.
I am not to familiar with ITS.

IST has been around a long time, they produce gear under their own brand as well as supplying lots of gear for other scuba brands that relabel that gear under their own brand names. If you want reviews of some IST regs, check out divernet.com , here's an example of a group reg test where an IST was tested along with other common brands:

15 Regulators on test - Divernet

.... scubadiving.com also does lots of reg tests......overall it appears IST makes decent regs, but I'd certainly say I see way more Aqualung regs in circulation than IST.......generally I see IST regs sold on the WWW...few local dealers......where as I'll bet half of the retail scuba stores out there carry Aqualung.

My suggestion is to stick with AquaLung (long term proven equipment) - and you can get service anywhere in the World. I dive Sherwood (also serviceable anywhere) while my dive instructor son uses AquaLung.

However, if you just want to dive local and you can get a deal from your friend, and you and he want to learn how to service them together - that sounds great too!!! :)

However, if you just want to dive local and you can get a deal from your friend, and you and he want to learn how to service them together - that sounds great too!!! :)[/QUOTE]

yes, my friend was talking about learning to service our own regs. ( he is an engineer and designs his own rescue equipment. He says all regs are pretty much the same and he can buy the spare parts.

Back
Top Bottom