It's quiet in here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagrrl06:
I'm hanging out reading everyone's posts and WISHING WISHING WISHING :51: For warmer weather so I can get my dive gear out

I hear ya. I was supposed to go diving this weekned, but bailed because I'm such a cold water/ weather wus. I was really wanting to try out my new UW digital camera.

tstormwarning:
I hear ya. I was supposed to go diving this weekned, but bailed because I'm such a cold water/ weather wus. I was really wanting to try out my new UW digital camera.

Me 2 tstorm. I wear my 7 mm most of the time here in the Ohio quarries even in the summer. No way I'm getting in there with the water being 40 degrees and the outside temp even lower. BRRR.

DBF wants to try out his new "fogless" mask I bought him for Christmas..and I have a new compass I want to verify I am using correctly. One of the lds was suppose to have an open pool time next weekend so we could just get in and get wet. But they changed the weekend to a time we already had plans. ARRGGGHH! I really want to get wet!

Where in KY do you live? My whole family is originally from Ashland and I went to high school there after spending a few years around the country and then in Owensboro, KY. My brother lives down near Lexington and I've been considering checking out what the KY Pirana group has going on sometime this summer if we go down to visit him.

Since I changed my gender to female on April 1, I have found folks are nicer to me than before on SB. Does that allow me to participate in these discussions?

I wish I could come on a girls' doubles day as I have recently started diving doubles but I'm a little too far away in Florida. On the upside I have been able to dive all Winter in my 7mm.

scubagrrl06:
Where in KY do you live? My whole family is originally from Ashland and I went to high school there after spending a few years around the country and then in Owensboro, KY. My brother lives down near Lexington and I've been considering checking out what the KY Pirana group has going on sometime this summer if we go down to visit him.

I'm in Owensboro on the west end of town. I typically dive at Pennyroyal which is in Hopkinsville, KY (about 1hr,15min from me) & occasionally at Falling Rock (about 2hrs from me- I stay overnight with my brother & sister- in- law in Louisville). The diving trip I bailed out on was supposed to be at Mermet in IL (about 2hrs & 30min from me). I have a drysuit, but still don't care much for diving cold water when the air is cold too. I can handle one or the other, but not both very well:shakehead . I have a friend that teases me & says I need "72 degree weather & sunshine". I tell him he is correct, as I need to recharge my solar batteries:D .

My husband and I live in the SF Bay area. We were certified in Monterey last June. So far that is where we have done the majority of our diving in Monterey but we have been to the Big Island and the week after next we are heading to Grand Cayman! Can you say warm water!!!? YAHOO!!

tstormwarning:
I'm in Owensboro on the west end of town. I typically dive at Pennyroyal which is in Hopkinsville, KY (about 1hr,15min from me) & occasionally at Falling Rock (about 2hrs from me- I stay overnight with my brother & sister- in- law in Louisville). The diving trip I bailed out on was supposed to be at Mermet in IL (about 2hrs & 30min from me). I have a drysuit, but still don't care much for diving cold water when the air is cold too. I can handle one or the other, but not both very well:shakehead . I have a friend that teases me & says I need "72 degree weather & sunshine". I tell him he is correct, as I need to recharge my solar batteries:D .

I thought you might be from Owensboro since it said Western KY. I was only 10 when I lived there, so I don't remember alot about the city. But my parents loved it. Said it was their favorite city of all the places we lived. I went to Sutherland Elementary and lived not far from a Catholic school. but that's about the extent of my recollection of the area heheh :wink:

Gosh I wish you ladies were closer to me. I am in NJ and have not found any female dive buddies.

And my issues are definately different than theirs. They are great about it but still....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom