It's Metridium, not Metridian

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chuck Tribolet

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
The big white cauliflowers are Metridium farcimen (used to be Metridium giganteum).
The little white cauliflowers (not common) are Metridium senile.

It's Metridium, not Metridian. It seems like all the newbs are learning the wrong spelling,
which screws up the search engines.

It's like the new divers who learned from their instructors to call elk or elkhorn kelp (Pelagophycus porra) "bull kelp" or Nereocystis leutkeana (which is confined where it should be, north of Pt. Conception with you Norcal divers!). I constantly hear both instructors and divers refer to it that way.

Not quite as bad as the divers who followed me back to the steps at the dive park a few years ago and chewed me out for "chasing that SHARK in our direction." It was a giant sea bass.

Isn't Metridian the place where the urban chic go to watch movies South of Market?

Fixed all posts in the NorCal forum for this 2008...thx.

Sorry, Chuck, but my spelling is always screwed up! If you can fix it my mother will love you forever!

It could always be worse. My girlfriend told me a story once about a guy bragging to his non-diver friends about the huge white mitochondria he saw!!! Now that is priceless.

Back
Top Bottom