It's enough to make you cry...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

value on this thread...all it needs now is for someone to state that dinosaurs lived as recently as 6,000 years ago...

A significant majority of professional climatologists have interpreted the available data and conclude it indicates GW is occurring. The only real debate in the scientific community is the degree each causal factor contributes to the effect.

And once all the blame is assigned, there is likely no feasible way to remediate the situation.

So, sit back, relax, and see what happens...as the singer says, '...there ain't no brakeman on this train...'

Too true, Cyklon. Exactly what I said yesterday (or attempted to...I'm not so sure how I communicated it well). I think that's where people wanted to interpret what was being said as "assigning blame". That wasn't the intent at all. I don't really think any of us were really wanting to doom humankind to extinction for our role in global warming, as some folks thought others were suggesting. Rather, the goal of true investigators into this phenomenon is to assess exactly what is going on and why it is happening. If we can change some factors, then it should be suggested, debated and implemented.
As for not having a "brakeman on the train"...that may be exactly the case. We may be in the situation of just trying to find a conductor to tell us what time the train will hit the station.

I heard that George W Bush was responsible for hurricane Katrina because he eased up on air quality restrictions on coal fired power plants contributing to global warming making hurricanes more powerful.

renpirate:
You know folks it is kind of like knocking your head against the wall talking to anti-global warming people. If someone is unwilling to change their mind in the face of overwhelming evidence, there is no point in argueing. They will continue to use questionable sources to backup their claims, one of the sad facts of the internet is that anyone can post anything.

I agree.

And do all you anti-global warming people also deny that we've created a hole in the ozone layer?

Austin

How hard is this to figure out ...THE EARTH HAS BEEN WARMING QUITE SIGNIFICANTLY FOR AT THE VERY LEAST 20 THOUSAND YEARS...this is why the Great Lakes are here and why there are NO GLACIERS COVERING THE MAJORITY OF THE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE. We did not start this process and we are not going to stop it. At best we are only hastening the start of the next ice age ...it really is that simple. Blame anyone or everyone but the fact still remains that when the North Atlantic becomes less saline then the Great Conveyor will dip south and plunge the earth into the next ice age. In fact there is ample evidence that this is occuring right now. It may trake a few hundred years or it may happen rather quickly but as sure as you breath air we are going to hit a new ice age ...possibly sooner than you may expect.

With the increase in CO2 and particulates in the atmosphere there is actually a better chance that the suns energy via the entire spectrum of waves will be refleced from the earths atmosphere and even hasten the return of the ice age.

Point is warming would be good for plants and animals like us ... an ice age will bring on a mass extinction of just about everything ....including humans ....lots of humans.

Skull's Comedy Troupe will be visiting a city near you.

Check out his one-man play "A Little Knowledge is a Dangerous Thing."

H2Andy:
Skull's Comedy Troupe will be visiting a city near you.

Check out his one-man play "A Little Knowledge is a Dangerous Thing."

Ahhh yes the personal attack .... very mature Andy ...so I gather from your take , you disagree that the earth has been warming for the past 20 thousand years ...eh?

That indeed the great lakes have always been here ... or better maybe God put them there a couple thosand years ago.

Or better maybe you disagree, as the Atlantic become less saline the the Great Conveyor (ie the gulf stream) will not diminish and retreat from its current geographical postition. Perhaps you disagree that the gulf stream is keeping the vast majority of Europe and Asia out of an ice age.

Finally you then also disagree with the concept that since we are pumping so much CO2 and other particulates into the atmosphere, which is not corrisponding to the models prediction that the earths temperature should be raising much faster than it is now. In factthis is due to the reality that the polution is blocking the suns radiation and thus keeping the earth temperature lower than is expected. It all points to the hastening of a new ice age ....not my interpretation just what I read from science ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom