It's been awhile

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AJAX

1. NAME OF THE BRITSH BATTLE CRUISER IN WW II. I AM A WW II HISTORY BUFF.
2. NAME OF THE SPACESHIP IN FLASH GORDON THAT KILLED MING. LOVED FLASH GORDON "THE MOVIE" WHEN I WAS A CHILD.
3. NAME OF THE SOCCER TEAM IN THE NETHERLANDS. LIKED THE WAY ONE OF MY FRATERNITY BROTHERS SAID IT." I-YAX"
4 THE HOUSE HOLD BOWL CLEANER. I AM A CLEAN FREAK.

chepar

first 3 letters of my name + first 3 letters of my daughter's name.

when i first signed up for an email address years ago, spent quite some time trying to think of one that hadn't already been taken - and most importantly, i could remember.

well, as remembering things is not real high on my list of abilities, i have used that name as my login for pretty much everything.

so if you run across a chepar anywhere else on the 'net, it's probably me.

Originally posted by chepar
so if you run across a chepar anywhere else on the 'net, it's probably me.

I've used Spectre for _years_ online, but it's almost always
taken now-a-days, and I ended up with funky__monks when
I was looking for a yahoo handle. Since I can never remember
which is funky__monks and which is spectre, I've started just
using the funky__monks on new accounts.

Now spectre. It was a word that I've always liked, back before
I knew of the comic book, or even thought of the term as a
ghostly apparition.

Where'd it come from? I'd like to see if anyone can guess. A
clue... I registered the domainname 'smurch.com' for a while.
[which I just realized I never got a renewal request for it and
it's not mine anymore].

-Jeff

I picked a name for an Email address that wasn't taken, hence EanxDyver, and I did it mainly to mess up the guys I work with who are non-divers, and spent ages trying to figure out what it meant.:jester:

mine is short for tactical Paramedic I got the nick from some guys I trained with a few years back and just kept it :doctor:

I use the name Beezer because it is a nickname for Ibizan Hounds - which is one of my other obsessions. Many of my weekends are at the dog shows. I currently have the #1 Ibizan Hound in the U.S. If you've watched the Westminster dog show in the past couple of years - you've seen my girl in the hound group ring.

I also have Basenjis so some of my other board names are congok9 (k9 from the congo of Africa) or Senji.

It's just easier to keep similiar names in all my many boards/e-mail lists. I'm a network administrator by day and have enough user names/passwords to remember!

:damn:

Beezer

does mine really need explaning? i would hope not however it is good to hear where all the names come from, some will relly leave you wondering!!:)

Kayla:)

Well, Gadget, whom I know well, referred to some of the Nick Names we have, but was afraid to post them, so I WILL!! BaaaHaaaaHaaaaa.
Among our group we have....
Doogie AKA "Info Kernel", Gadget, Timbits, The Professor. The latter 3 also known as "Pathos,Smokos,and Hornos" then we have "3 buckets" Ginnie GooGoo, The Hitman, YogiBear, Deep Sea DAn, Farfugnugen, and our latest member "the Claw"
Are we a fun bunch or what?!!!:jester:

It my Amateur Radio callsign assigned by the FCC. Although, I don't do much Am. Radio anymore. No one else in the world is supposed to use mine. And then way, I don't have to spend alot of time thinking and/or trying for an unused email address or handle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom