It's been awhile

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey cougar,

Remember that tigers are powerful swimmers and love the water. Many house cats also like water.
A couple of my cats will come into the shower with me at times and there is usually at least one who watches to make sure I do it right. :D

I am a Cancer (moon child, water sign) and a cat lover (check my profile) and if I win a big lottery I will soon own a cat rescue ranch for large and small cats. I would also buy an older commercial diving boat to have the ultimate support for all sorts of diving.

Think of having all of the air, O2, helium you could use. The option of scuba or surface supplied diving. Voice and video monitoring of dives (surface supplied)and on top of it all a deco chamber right on the boat.

Oh well, with lots of work and a good break or two I may be able to do all that in another 10 years or so without the lotto win. :)

michael

I'm real original...it's my nickname for my given name, Davida. Most people can't pronounce it, Duh-VE-duh, so Dee is just easier on everyone.

I answer to either.

Hi folks:

Just to respond to the message board concerning why "Garfish".
Well i quess i'm all mouth with teeth....llmao..

Seriously, I quess pretty much the reasoning behind it much was that this fish was one of beautiful species of sealife that i first seen while diving in florida.

This is a far cry from what i'm use of seeing up here in pennsylvania. You know the run of the mill species like the fat Carp, pike, mudsuckeres and the furious Cats....

ps. it was available:
:bounce:

Well, the Scuba is quite obvious and the Burt, well, my real name is Burton Jackson and when I would answer my work phone, "Accounting Burton" the reply was "Mr. Burton this is ..." (Sorry JoeWr, had to borrow some of your ...). Since I am not Mr. Burton I shortened it to Burt. Then these muppets heard my name and liked it so much they started using it, go figure. It was OK even thought they spelled it wrong.

It's short for Instructor Gadget which is a nickname the DM's gave me as I have a propensity for toys.

We are actually getting a great collection of nicknames around the old LDS.

and if I post them here I might be killed :wink:

Ed=Ed

Jewell=Jewell

First and last names. Just call me unimaginative with nothing to hide.

I derived my nick from a dive shop near a lake I used to frequent while growing up. It was called "ScubaDoo Dive Shop" I added my little touch of "Scuby" in honor of that dear canine cook Scooby Doo. Lets face it....theres a little Scooby in all of us!

I live in Idaho and wanted to convey the challenges that a diver has living in this part of the world.

Been off the board for a while and found this thread, so I thought I'd add my own bit.

Nothing whatsoever to do with airplanes.

I am a 9 year veteran performer at various renaissance festivals and have spent 7 of those with a singing group called The Corsairs ! For anyone who's curious or wants a chuckle follow that link and try to figure out which one :confused: !

We actually sing old (and a few new) sailing songs and sea chanteys with a pirate theme. Texasmike thinks we're pretty good (don't know if that's a good endorsement or not :wink: ).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom