It's almost time...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tug

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
....for more diving!

Today, I was at Boston Scuba painting the bottom of the Keep-Ah. The boat was repowered this winter and she's almost ready to get wet!. As someone who would rather be on charter than shore diving (I really don't like sand....) this is good news. I can't wait to fill up my freezer with more scallops :D

vavyry9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been quiet in the New England Scubaboard section lately :) I was going to write a post about Boston Scuba's boat upgrades but Lewis beat me to it! The "Keep-Ah" was completely gutted and re-powered for this dive season. It was her first time out of the water in 3 years for some TLC..

If all goes well she should be in the water this Monday with charters starting up on April 5th... I'm so happy not to have to deal with sand on my gear soon. Been a rough winter for shore diving :)

Some of the upgrades this year:

-New bottom paint/hull was buffed/waxed.
-New Cummins diesel engine (should gain a little speed, not much maybe 2-3 more knots but some extended range)
-New larger prop
-New transmission
-All new electrical, wiring completely replaced, new wiring harness
-All new hydraulics for steering
-New fuel tank and all new fuel lines/hoses.
-New radio with iPod Adapter/Auxiliary Input (you know..the important things..)
-Engine hatch/cover was raised and extended for additional seating/bench space
-Lowrance Side Scan Sonar Unit (I'm really excited to see this in action. We can paint a picture of some of the wrecks and check out some new numbers before diving them.)

yt4wP6Nl.jpg

4e8qcb7l.jpg

7m0m91ll.jpg

bg29amal.jpg

7F8LTAJl.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome. This winter needs to end already...

Awesome. This winter needs to end already...

Isn't that the truth.... I'm going for my first dive since November this weekend. I fully plan on freezing, but hopefully I'll get a good haul of scallops :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She floats! (and runs strong)..

odJJsKRl.jpg

YH9x7s6l.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom