Issue with securing 7ft long hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get someone to print this.

I had one printed for me and dive with it. Works great. No issues. And cheaper than any other option aside from the waist band.

Get someone to print this.

I had one printed for me and dive with it. Works great. No issues. And cheaper than any other option aside from the waist band.
I printed this and adjusted to work for me a bit and it works great.

use BOTH a long hose stick on your right hip and a small knife beside the crotch strap. if it's too tight.. move the long hose stick more forward... and if its too loose move the long hose stick more to the back near the plate.

Until my last trip I used weight pockets on the side which didn’t hold the long-hose very well as it came loose at times. Now I am switching to cam-band only weight pockets and intend to use a knife and it’s sheath on the right hip (need someplace for a secondary knife in any case, besides the line-cutter at the front left waist band). If the existing knife is too small I will just a longer knife to serve a dual purpose of a hose retainer.

The geek in me is telling me this is an eternal problem that will only be solved with a $200 Apple hose retainer that pairs with an Apple dive watch over BT - but I am resisting the temptation …

My 7ft hoses various rigs barely slip inside my waist belts, over a canister or stick everything pulls everything

Tighter waist belt.

Periodic downward tug on the loop.

Problem solved.

If tucking into the waist belt, be mindful the hose doesn't surround your suit zipper pull. Yep, it opened a bit during my last s-drill. I now make sure both the up and down hose paths are close to the plate. (I don't have an external zipper cover.)

Someone recently suggested tucking the excess into an elastic band/bungee around the tank. Anybody ever tried that?
Tbh that’s how I run when on the twinsets, as for the re storage aspect, well it’s then that I’d hogatharian it.. nothing to say it must be stowed in the same way it started..

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom