ISO Buddy for Back Beach Rockport 6/13/09 AM.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

salub2007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I am looking to do a two tank dive at Back Beack, or a surrounding beach on Cape Ann.
I have not done much searching yet for a buddy for this dive, and i was hoping to
possibly find one here. I am a relatively new diver, and just need some experience. i am looking for someone who is experienced, wouldn't mind helping a newbie, and would like to do some diving this weekend. I have dove Back Beach 3 times this year with my instructor, so i know the terrain well. Any Takers? Let me know I'll be in Gloucester all weekend. Best Wishes,

Thanks,
Mark B

findadivesite.htm

I'm not available but I was looking on Cape Ann Divers' website and they have "free guided shore dive" every Saturday and Sunday. I have never gone but that might be a good alternative if nobody is around.

Good luck finding a buddy for Saturday. I am going back to work next Wednesday, but if you are around next month and want a buddy shoot me a PM.

Mark, I would probably take you up on this but my equipment is currently being serviced. A couple of thoughts, might want to check out the dive clubs close to Worcester. There is Metro West Dive Club who meets in Framingham. They coordinate a Date at 8 and meet up at the BK in the Danvers area off the highway every Saturday. They will tailor the dives to the group. No worries there!

Another thought, if you are Worcester. You may be able to hit Jamestown RI just as easily. Just a thought.

Paul

Thanks for the input.
Mass Diving is diving Magnolia Rocks in Gloucester Sunday, which I signed up for and it seems
Metro West Dive Club is Diving somewhere on Cape Ann Saturday. I am trying to get in touch with the moderator. Mass diving will be doing Sat. and Sunday dives on cape ann throught the rest of June and July, so I will probably be diving frequently with them. They have a really large and nice shop in Natick Mass. I would like to dive Jamestown RI do you know any of the beach names, or locations in Jamestown which are best suited for shore diving? Just wondering.
Thanks Again,
Mark

Mark, the one that I enjoy and I have only done it at night is Ft Wethrill. If you think Back Beach is easy... You should see the entry here. I park just by the boat ramp and walked straight in. Beautiful dive... I actually enjoy that dive more than the North Shore. If you think about it, you can probably hit RI faster than Cape Ann.

Part of me says, as a new diver..... go grab some of the books on the dive sites. Just to get a bearing on what each site offers. If a weekend is a blowout, I would still head up there just to scout out each location. Just to get a bearing.

Back
Top Bottom