Island Time Dive Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calves

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just booked a last minute half day dive on the Island Time Dive boat launching from Long Beach. This is my first boat dive. Does anyone have any reviews about the boat or have tips they want to share with a newbie boat diver? Thanks.

calves, Welcome again... you will get better answers if you post in the So.Cal forum where
divers know about this and other local boats. I'll see if this can be moved.
Island Time is a good fast boat but only does a two dive trips with no air-fills and is geared toward
SportsChalet students.... so you will go to "student type sites".... It will be fun but there is alot more out there if your coming all the way from Nor.Cal. for a boat trip.
Check out: California Dive Boats : The Official Page for other California dive boats.
Hey, when are you going???

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

moved to SoCal forum..

I really like doing the morning dives with them--ya get over, 2 dives, and back by 1pm---- and then McKennas is right there for afterdive drinks and food! It's pretty much no frills though. Reminds me of half day skiing!

I went to Catalina with them on 2 separate trips. No complain. They do have compressor. But tanks are included, you just need to switch tank for the 2nd dive. It's fast so the ride could be quite bumpy. They'll get you to Catalina in about 1 hour. The trade off is there is no bunk or galley, it's a pretty uncomfortable ride.

calves, Welcome again... you will get better answers if you post in the So.Cal forum where
Island Time is a good fast boat but only does a two dive trips with no air-fills and is geared toward
SportsChalet students.... so you will go to "student type sites".... It will be fun but there is alot more out there if your coming all the way from Nor.Cal. for a boat trip.
Check out: California Dive Boats : The Official Page for other California dive boats.

I hear this boat was recently sold to Capt. Ray Arntz (unconfirmed), owner of the Sundiver, and that he was making some changes. I don't think this is a geared toward Sports Chalet anymore.

Sorry for posting on the wrong section. Thanks for the reply. I did check the other dive boats, and as far as scheduling goes, the Island Time fits my schedule. I have to meet up with my wife and kids after so getting back at 1pm is perfect. I didn't want to miss an opportunity to dive in SoCal no matter how short. Since I am still a beginner, I will take all the bottom time I can get :-D. I am going on Saturday, Nov. 15th.

Should be a good dive this Saturday. The wind is low and the sun is out and it's going to be hot. Projected to be in the mid-80s at the beaches, so that means it'll be hot out there at Catalina. Drink lots of water and break out the sunblock lotion.

I'm going on the Spectre out of Ventura this Saturday. It's windy up there, so I'm hoping that the waves won't be so choppy.

Should be a good dive this Saturday. The wind is low and the sun is out and it's going to be hot. Projected to be in the mid-80s at the beaches, so that means it'll be hot out there at Catalina. Drink lots of water and break out the sunblock lotion.

I'm going on the Spectre out of Ventura this Saturday. It's windy up there, so I'm hoping that the waves won't be so choppy.

I'm in Ventura right now and there is no wind at all. They are predicted pick up(Santa Ana Winds) farther south as the week closes so it could actually be hot on the beaches and cooler on the water. It could also create a bumpy ride on the way back due to surface chop. Make sure you've got a boatcoat or jacket just in case. Also if you're not used to being on ocean going boats you might want to take dramamine or bonine before you take off just as a precaution, better to be safe right?

The swells are mellowing out though and will get better into mid next week, should be a decent day of diving especially in the shadow of the island.

Billy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom