Island Divers Hawaii - Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are constantly trying to improve in every way that we can. Our reputation is important to us and we do our best to make happy customers as well as friends in the business. We are sorry that this customer felt he did not receive excellent customer service, we do our best please everyone. I am only responding to this thread because a number of our divers expressed incredulity at the narrative posted here. For those of you that alerted me to this thread, thank you. And to the divers that have supported us here, thank you as well. I don’t know who all of you are, but it is appreciated. We will continue to strive to improve and if anyone has any specific suggestions or complaints, you can direct them to me, Matt, through our website.

I’ll only say that when inquiring about events on this day that my instructor’s impassioned response in no way resembles what was described here (except for the nasty smell in the truck - feral cat, sorry, it's been fixed). Since there is no way Island Divers Hawaii can benefit from a public spat on the internet, this is the only post any Island Divers Hawaii staff will make on this thread. If you just have to know, I’ll PM you her experience with this unhappy client. My confidence in this instructor is not shaken in any way by this post and still lies with our professional dive staff.

IslandDiversHI:
We are constantly trying to improve in every way that we can. Our reputation is important to us and we do our best to make happy customers as well as friends in the business. We are sorry that this customer felt he did not receive excellent customer service, we do our best please everyone. I am only responding to this thread because a number of our divers expressed incredulity at the narrative posted here. For those of you that alerted me to this thread, thank you. And to the divers that have supported us here, thank you as well. I don’t know who all of you are, but it is appreciated. We will continue to strive to improve and if anyone has any specific suggestions or complaints, you can direct them to me, Matt, through our website.

I’ll only say that when inquiring about events on this day that my instructor’s impassioned response in no way resembles what was described here (except for the nasty smell in the truck - feral cat, sorry, it's been fixed). Since there is no way Island Divers Hawaii can benefit from a public spat on the internet, this is the only post any Island Divers Hawaii staff will make on this thread. If you just have to know, I’ll PM you her experience with this unhappy client. My confidence in this instructor is not shaken in any way by this post and still lies with our professional dive staff.

I posted my experience with your organization on this particular trip. I believed then and believe now that all employees, including those, not just one, involved in this situation will do their best if given proper training and supervision. Hence, I did not post that person's name. In short, this was primarily a management problem.

Island Divers Hawaii can benefit from proper management response to any customer complaint, including this one. You have chosen to ignore the complaints in favor of private rationalization of events as reported to you by your employee. That is your privilege. However, in any private conversation with folks not aware of this thread you should, for honesty's sake, disclose that it is only one perspective.

How is it only one perspective when he read your perspective then took the employees' perspective into account and made an evaluation based on both sides...no offense but it just doesn't make much sense (I might be misreading your post...if so I apologize).

Scuba and Dream:
How is it only one perspective when he read your perspective then took the employees' perspective into account and made an evaluation based on both sides...no offense but it just doesn't make much sense.

I thought we'd covered that in our private discussions.

Look, this is a trip report on my experiences. Of course the employees involved are going to have some different things to say when talking to their boss and the public. In this case management has not only chosen to accept the employees comments and dismiss the trip report comments but has offered to privately engage in gossip based on those employee comments.

IslandDiversHI:
except for the nasty smell in the truck - feral cat, sorry, it's been fixed
Which one... the truck or the cat?:rofl3:

ArcticDiver:
I thought we'd covered that in our private discussions.

Look, this is a trip report on my experiences. Of course the employees involved are going to have some different things to say when talking to their boss and the public. In this case management has not only chosen to accept the employees comments and dismiss the trip report comments but has offered to privately engage in gossip based on those employee comments.

ok--I'll just agree to disagree and I'll shut up now.

Matt,
Rest assured that IDH does indeed have a professional staff and a great bunch of people. You are my first LDS of choice, and your Instructors are Top Notch. I look forward to the wonderful service from your shop for many years to come.
Jimbo

mrjimboalaska:
Matt,
Rest assured that IDH does indeed have a professional staff and a great bunch of people. You are my first LDS of choice, and your Instructors are Top Notch. I look forward to the wonderful service from your shop for many years to come.
Jimbo
agreed..
their instructors are awesome! very knowledgable, and yes, professional to a tee.
moreover, from my personal experience.. the owner/management have always gone out of their way to meet and even exceed customer needs.

I would have to agree... but then again, I'm afraid that if I cross the owner/management, I'll get the feral cat treatment

mrjimboalaska:
Matt,
Jimbo
He's gonna open a shop in Texass just for you? WOW!:11:
Sorry, had to.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom