Islamorada Advice Wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gregor1234

Reaction score
I'll be vacationing in Islamorada July 30 - Aug 8.

What're some good outfits to dive with down there?

Do shops there run lobstering trips?

plenty of good outfits in the area....two I can recommend personally are Key Dives and Conch Republic Divers....and many others if you want to travel a few miles further north into Key Largo...most outfits allow lobstering, but make sure that you are clear on this with them ahead of time when you book...many times these boats will be diving inside protected areas if no one on board is interested in lobstering/spearing...let them know you want to lobster specifically and most will be able to accomodate you

conch republic divers is a good choice and capt gary is a member of this forum

I just got back from a four day, 10 dive trip with Ocean Quest. Don't know when it was "sold" as Pat is still running it out of her new location a 1/2 mile south of the old one. She is currently thinking about selling the operation, but has not sold it as of yesterday (Thursday, 11 May) at 4pm.

I like Ocean Quest a LOT. This was a slow week for them, so they actually set us up with the boat and four tanks a piece for just the two of us at the regular price. So, we packed a lunch, left at 9am, and did a double dip on the Eagle, then a stop at Alligator Reef and a final dive at Dive Goddess Reef and got back in around 3:30 or so. It was EXCELLENT with just two divers on at boat big enough for 15! Pat's new skipper, Tad is a lot of fun, really low key and has lots of experience on the reefs, so he can give a complete predive talk.

I'll say that we had a GREAT time and I can't wait to go back down for a couple days...

gregor1234:

Mini season is July 26-27, and regular season does not open until August 6th. You can stiil get in two good days of chasin' bugs.

gregor1234:

We'll just miss you im going to be there Aug 8- 13th and will try key dives.

3 Words- Abyss Dive Center

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom