Is VDH Done...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like chrome plated brass. Every time I see something that is chrome plated brass, I say "Ooooh, Aaaah" to myself and it makes me smile.

I really enjoy taking chrome plated brass things apart and putting them back together again to make them work like they did when they were new. And I really enjoy diving with them.

I was very glad to find VDH when I did. I hope Bryan gets some happiness from providing us with the products we need.

Sometimes I feel guilty for not buying more stuff from VDH because I want it to stay in business and be there when I need a unique part in the future.

we all should SAVE THE BRYAN FUND !!!!!! lol

As I predicted, the thread has turned into comedy gold I tell ya!

At my age I just don't put up with people or things that irritate me.....Don't get me started on snowbirds though, that's a whole other source of misery for me!

Actually Bryan, I think this thread turned into a sale. I think I'd like of your products for diving in Edmonds Underwater Park. It's a shallow dive (40 feet max) and the only place outside of teaching open water where I dive in a single tank.

@Bryan@Vintage Double Hose Gimme free shipping on a Specwar mask and Im in....it won't fit because 99% of the masks out there don't...but I'll give it a try nevertheless.... it will either hit the bridge of my nose or not be deep enough around the edges of my eyes.

Picture cro-magnon man that learned to dive shortly after he figured out the fire thing and avoiding dinosaurs....that's me!

Still happy to throw some money at the little guy...while I can....before he's out of business and living in a old van down by the river with some homeless hippie chick named Daisy, eating out of restaurant dumpsters, smoking discarded cigarettes, wearing goodwill clothing, and wondering what life would have been like if he would have passed on the fleeting thought of, "maybe I should start a dive gear business....not just any business, but one that sells new stuff made like old stuff for people that like old stuff but want new stuff because NOBODY is making old stuff but people like old stuff and EVERYBODY is making new stuff so if I make old stuff, but it's really new stuff, I'll be king of the world....suck it Scubapro..." or words to that effect....

Tell Daisy I said hello.

Jay

I have known Bryan almost 20 years, before there was a VDH. He was a guy and a few others on another diving forum who was interested in double hose regulators. In 2005 we decided to meet in Florida. I was the old man of the group but had been diving double hoses since well before the others were born. That first meeting kind of morphed into the Sea Hunt celebrations at Silver Springs.
I had told Bryan that my first double hose was a Voit VR 2 but couldn't recall what had happened to it, but I still had/ have the tank that came with it. One day a package arrived, in it was a Voit VR 2, suffering from neglect. It seems Bryan had all the other guys helping search for a Voit VR 2 to surprise me with. I had it rechromed and rebuilt it with parts he sent along. Thanks again Bryan you have been a great friend even if we don't see each other as often as we did.
DSC03493.JPG

DSC01409.JPG

Captain, your wisdom that helped me start VDH was more valuable to me than a thousand VR 2s....And diving the rigs with you was one of the best times ever!
I am forever thankful for your advice and friendship.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom