Is this what DIR is about?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding my thought process......I was reading the sticky on rules for this forum.....

"6) The answers in this forum are member's best attempts to answer questions within, and according the DIR diving philosophy. If you wish to give a non-DIR answer, please do not post it in this forum. If you do not wish your question to be limited to DIR answer, please ask it in another applicable forum."

Since, I was not sure about the reason for the demonstrated behaviour I considered it best to ask those that know more about the DIR diving philosophy. Since, I did not think it best to confront the 3 individuals at the divesite rather than reach a wrong conclussion I wanted to know if there might be some reason that I would not be aware about since I have not taken any DIR training or had much exposure to those that have.

The latter.

That was an example of "rude" divers. They come in all shapes, sizes, and colors.

This is not to say whether they were 'DIR' or not. I have no way of knowing, and the fact that they apparently stated that they were means virtually nothing.

But whatever they were, that sort of behavior is rude regardless.

(But concluding from that one sample that the entire population would also be rude is not well-thought out either. If you were in a parking lot after a football game, and a guy in a Ford Expedition cut you off, would you conclude that all guys who drive Ford Expeditions would behave in a similar manner?)

Sorry you had that experience.

Great answer. Maybe we can close the thread now?

Thanks to those that made on topic replies. That is what I was looking for and I have my answer now.

No need for an appology but I appreciate your concern.

Thats to those that made on topic replies. That is what I was looking for and I have my answer now.

No need for an appology but I appreciate your concern.

Thanks for the polite discourse, it is appreciated as well. If these were GUE trained divers, I'll personally kick them in the shins for you. There is no room for that kind of stuff, regardless of affiliation, training, or religion.

Since, I did not think it best to confront the 3 individuals at the divesite rather than reach a wrong conclussion I wanted to know if there might be some reason that I would not be aware about since I have not taken any DIR training or had much exposure to those that have.
Maintaining a three abreast formation and proceeding directly through another dive team shoving them out of your way is not a DIR value, nor is it taught in any course anywhere.

It is, however, characteristic of morons the world over.

Fortunately for you, your encounter with them was brief and relatively painless. There are lots of guys in the world who encounter the exact same kinds of morons, but who suffer far more prolonged consequences. You are a lucky guy.

(And now you know who not to dive with at your local dive spot! What a bonus! :D )

Great answer. Maybe we can close the thread now?

Sure. Makes sense. I will need to do some reading on how to close it since I do not post much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom