Is this normal for scuba tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, it is literally a pi symbol.
::shrug:: I have no idea what it is. I wouldn't pump air into it, you do what you want.

You can throw it away in 2026, since nobody in the US will recertify it.
And forget going to a dive shop for a fill.

Well, if we thought it were a UN/ISO cylinder, those have a 10 year hydro cycle.

::shrug:: I have no idea what it is. I wouldn't pump air into it, you do what you want.

Well, if we thought it were a UN/ISO cylinder, those have a 10 year hydro cycle.
Good point. He can throw it away in ten years. Much better.

Then is is possibly a fake set of markings, since it is not UN markings.

They are not allowed to put any gas into it. They can look inside it, that's it.
Can I take the tank somewhere to get certified, they can't test it and certify it? that seems pretty ridiculous.

Can I take the tank somewhere to get certified, they can't test it and certify it? that seems pretty ridiculous.

I think it’s pretty ridiculous you chose to import a tank for a purpose it’s not certified for under US regulations, and you’re complaining that you can’t get it tested, etc.

I think it’s pretty ridiculous you chose to import a tank for a purpose it’s not certified for under US regulations, and you’re complaining that you can’t get it tested, etc.
I think it's ridiculous you guys are making this big of a deal about it, the tanks are manufactured the exact same way.

[MOD EDIT]
You guys are just being extra, it is literally approved and deemed safe in Europe. aka, It's safe anywhere, just like how Canada doesn't approve US DOT tanks. Countries just like to have their own ****. The manufacturing process is literally the EXACT same.

If it helps some of you sleep at night, I got a large DOT tank that I'm going to use to fill the smaller one. Anything, in particular, I have to do with the DOT tank, I know it has to be serviced and inspected at certain time intervals, what are these time intervals, and what else do I have to do to be on the safe side with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom