Is this bad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shakeybrainsurgeon:
Correct, but we can presume that all students in a class would have at least similar tanks if they were starting with around 3000 (AL80s most likely). The difference in usage may also be attributable to buoyancy control issues, or to some people letting their alternate air sources free flow accidentally, or to leaks. I just don't see physiologic factors alone explaining why one person uses 800 psi for a dive and another using 2500 for the same dive, unless some people were breathing like a steam engine. There are likely other reasons non-physiologic factors (overusing the bc) as to why some people are exhausting their tanks.

But the original question "is this bad" strikes me as sort of tongue in cheek. Underusing air is bad only if you surface belly up like my childhood goldfish. Anyone who dives and then lives to post a scubaboard thread could not have underutilized his tank. It's like asking --- "I went to Europe and had a great time, but came back with 3000 dollars more than any of my companions, some of whom were broke--- did I do something wrong?"

I agree with all, just having fun:10:

JR

Back
Top Bottom