Is this a good package for a starting diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an integrated weight bc that I put over a hundred dives on and thought it was the stuff. Since going to a BPW however I have found that for me integrated weights are not that convenient. So now when helping with classes even in the weight integrated bc I wear a belt if I need extra weight and use the xs scuba weight pockets. That way the only way my weights are coming out is if I dump em and I wear the pockets upside down so if necessary I don't even have to dump the whole belt, just open it and the weight falls out. The velcro is strong enough I don't worry about it coming out by accident. And at only eight bucks if it should wear out I'll just replace it and use the old one right side up for something else.
As to the Air II, a standard octo may be easier to manage in an OOA situation and will definitely be cheaper. In fact there are a few other brands out there just as good but won't take as big a bite out of your wallet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom