is there freedom of speach on Scubaboard and is it an american site?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
Am I going to get in trouble for Marley's service dog ID?
Did he earn it or did you just buy it for him?

Fish_Whisperer:
As the beneficiary of his life insurance policy, perhaps? :D
Naw....I was going to sell him my cards. :wink:

That'd be GREAT, Jeff, but I think he wants the picture on the card to be of a handsome, muscular, intelligent looking young man . . . . . not you !!!! :D

the K-ard Shark

The Kraken:
That'd be GREAT, Jeff, but I think he wants the picture on the card to be of a handsome, muscular, intelligent looking young man . . . . . not you !!!! :D

the K-ard Shark
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing LOL

catherine96821:

you guys sound like the scuba mafia Sopranos

those solo divers are always causing trouble...

Then what is your opinion of the original poster, pray tell? :shakehead :light: :popcorn:

Jeff: sa-NAP!!!!!!:rofl3:

catherine96821:

you guys sound like the scuba mafia Sopranos

those solo divers are always causing trouble...
how you doing? :D

I never saw those threads, I have been deeply involved in more legitimate ones.

Did he earn it or did you just buy it for him?
kinkos, the boy needs to travel

he does bark if someone's at the door and JB IS hard of hearing

I have my pychological needs.

need to microchip the kids now with a gps and I'm set

Ofcourse America is spelled with a capital A and speech is with two E:s

And its stupid to dive without the proper knowledge and skills (not courses and training).

So basically i wonder why do diveoperators blindly ask for a plastic card instead of askind of experience and where i dive.

I mean I dive with trimix in a CCR rebreather I built myself and I can freedive to 100feet on one breath and back.

I ONLY have ny trusted Open water card that i show them and question is always Why dont you have a advanced or divemaster or more with so many dives under my belt.

The reaon is simple, i took the basic course first then i thought of taking the Advanced but i soon realized i alread had that knowledge and i took the exam with no errors for fun with instructor.

Iwas a bit unsure abotu mixing gas so I ctually took a gasblender course and oxygene servie technitian course.

And with freediving Itook a course last summer to learn more but it was without the plastics.

Why should I take advanced course and just throw away my money, or why should I for that matter take any other course like nitrox if I already do it and have read the coursematerial for them?

The hardest thig to crack is the fact that i constructed a CCR for diving with trimix and there is noone that can teach me how to dive with it than myself.

Another problem is what will I learn in warm water caves in florida that is applicable for mines in Sweden.

With respect, Fredrik A.

Ah.... Okay. I understand better now, Fredrik. (Sorry if my initial tone came across rather stridently.) Welcome to ScubaBoard, by the way.

For the kind of certifications you are wanting, I guess the courses wouldn't be required. I mean, anyone can strap on SCUBA and jump in the ocean. It may not be the safest way of going about it, but there aren't any laws against it. From a safety standpoint though, wouldn't it be prudent to take the classes anyway, just so you have all bases covered? There are things that may be covered in the classes that might be vitally important, and even if you don't learn anything, you've still invested in your safety.

Although based in the US, this board is international in scope. More importantly, it is a privately owned entity and therefore can establish its own rules... as long as they don't violate the law.

I thought America was the name of two continents, one South and one North?

Back
Top Bottom