Is there decent diving at Santa Cruz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasean

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm headed to Santa Cruz in 1 1/2 weeks for a company picnic that will last from 11am or so until 5pm. If there is any decent diving down there, I might pop in for a dive before the picnic....

Anyone know of anything to see there? How are conditions? Anyone want to go(diving, not the picnic)? Friday morning June 27.

Thanks,

Sean

Sean, I was just down in Santa Cruz a couple of weeks ago and met a couple of divers who pretty much said that most of the Santa Cruz diving is done by classes. I guess there's not much to see. So we ended up going down to Monterey to dive.

Monterey is only about 40 miles south. You could probably just pop on down to the Breakwater for a quick early morning drive and get back up to your picnic by 11am.

Tony

Actually Santa Cruz isn't that bad, just no visibility. I did a dive on the wharf a couple of weeks ago and had a good time, vis was 3-5 feet though. I would recommend going to Monterey, it is only 40 minutes away and much better diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom