Is there any reason to do a Nitrox 'course'?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh just bad memory.... I recall you mentioning something about the great price you got. I guess I stored that away as FREE. :)

I believe that with the number of dives he does, $100/month rounds off to free.

... I average about 5 tanks per week ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

... I average about 5 tanks per week ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

$5. Close enough. :D

don't have a nitrox card, have no issue getting fills, and no boat has ever asked to see my card when i show up with my 02 clean cylinders full of 32%. make of that what you will

don't have a nitrox card, have no issue getting fills, and no boat has ever asked to see my card when i show up with my 02 clean cylinders full of 32%. make of that what you will

What I make of it is that you don't live in the USA ... and that there are far fewer lawyers (and far less willingness to use them) where you live ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

kind of like the AOW card.... you never know when the requirement for it will rear its ugly head....

FWIW - take the class. If in fact you know it all, you can help one of the others that may not get it....

What I make of it is that you don't live in the USA ... and that there are far fewer lawyers (and far less willingness to use them) where you live ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

What I would make of it is that he pumps his own.

What I would make of it is that he pumps his own.
no i don't.
just the places i get most of my fills know me as a diver (local shop and an inland site i frequent when i can't get into the sea) and it's not that i don't have any nitrox training, just don't have a card (still have a provisional in fundies and haven't quite finished my sports diver with my club)

2 dives a day isn't worth it. If you're on a liveaboard doing 5 dives a day its money well spent.

You're doing the wrong two dives, then.

---------- Post added June 11th, 2013 at 04:42 AM ----------

I believe that with the number of dives he does, $100/month rounds off to free.

We're talking about diving, right? $100 for ANYTHING rounds off to "free" really.

2 dives a day isn't worth it. If you're on a liveaboard doing 5 dives a day its money well spent.

Most dive shops I encountered routinely offered air, you have to special order EANx for yourself and for your buddy/guide. I agree, for aggressive profiles, you need nitrox, otherwise you easily end up in deco territory in the 2nd or 3rd dive.

As for the card: nitrox training & card can be get as cheap as 80-100$, does it really matter? Anyway: I am 100% sure, a shop, that special orders EANx for you, will ask for your card. At "easier places", where nitrox is routinely used, it might be overseen, but they still have liabilities in case you get oxtox...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom