Is there a wrist Nitrox computer that doesn’t automatically reset to air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, I am quite sure the Atomic Cobalt does not reset back to air after each dive. You have to manually reset to air. <snip>

The Cobalt does keep the gas settings (PO2, FO2) until you manually change them, and lets you easily save and swap commonly used settings, including setting different FO2's for different mixes. However it's not (yet) available as a wrist mount :( and it is air integrated, so it's not what the OP was looking for.

Ron

50%, really?
Now that I get to thinking about this I think it sets it to 50% so that the computer won't work for what it thinks the mix is. I believe the ones that reset to 50% only work for nitrox up to 40%. So it basically locks the computer up until you change the mix. Safety feature.

---------- Post added July 29th, 2013 at 01:27 PM ----------

The Cobalt does keep the gas settings (PO2, FO2) until you manually change them, and lets you easily save and swap commonly used settings, including setting different FO2's for different mixes. However it's not (yet) available as a wrist mount :( and it is air integrated, so it's not what the OP was looking for.

Ron
Thanks for your help in the past with the Cobalt Ron!!! All the info you gave me was 100% accurate and worked well. I didn't need to send mine in and it works perfect for me now.

Ron
Any idea when we should expect that, Ron? My Suunto is in its twilight years. I have been nursing it into functionality like a Yankee third baseman, but I think it has had its last dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom