Is there a wrist Nitrox computer that doesn’t automatically reset to air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you like Oceanic, why not stay with it? I used to have a Veo 250 and remember a setting that would disable the default switch.

My back up is a suunto zoop. Meets all reqs.

If you like Oceanic, why not stay with it? I used to have a Veo 250 and remember a setting that would disable the default switch.

Agreed, even my low end Oceanic Veo 100 NX has an on/off setting for the FO2 50 default. Surely one of the higher end computers would have the other features as well.

By the posts, looks like you have a lot of good options.

All suunto's... Etc... Etc...
Suunto actually locks you in Nitrox mode, keeps the same FO2 for all subsequent dives and meets the reqs. I'm not sure it's what I'd go for but here you go...

Hmmmm. . . my experience is you can't go from Nitrox mode to air until the no-fly time has expired.

A rather trivial limitation since you can change the % O2 between dives

I don't remember how much I had to change default settings, but my old Oceanic VT3 works like this - I set the nitrox mix. It stays on that as I dive maybe 16 - 22 dives over a week in Bonaire. Eventually, if I don't dive for a few days, it resets to air automatically. I don't recall how long a dive-free interval is required for that, and I don't know how the newer VT4, Atom 3 or Geo 2 handle this.

Richard.

Do people whose videography is not "world class" have different computer needs, as a group? Or is that just a gratuitous plug?
:wink:

Many of the computers on the market will default to 50% nitrox mix on your 2nd dive if you don't re-enter the FO2 in again

50%, really?

Hmmmm. . . my experience is you can't go from Nitrox mode to air until the no-fly time has expired.

A rather trivial limitation since you can change the % O2 between dives

Perhaps, but many computers set to Nitrox do go back to Nitrox 21%, which is the same as air for any practical purposes...

Suunto computers are like this- you set them to Nitrox, and it will keep the percentage for repetitive dives. However, after a few hours the fo2% automatically reverts to 21%, so one still needs to scroll menus to change it.

On a liveaboard, you'll probably have to change it from 21% every morning first dive.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Back
Top Bottom