Is the Kubi dry glove system worth the money?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adampatrick

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I don't want to start any arguments, but I just wanted peoples views on if the Kubi dry glove system is worth the money.

At the moment I have the Si-Tech locking dry glove system, and I really like the ability to swap out the thin gloves for thick lined ones on site in minutes, and I have never had any issues with them, until recently.
While diving in the last month, one of the gloves leaked, it wasn't the glove, as I changed it for a dry one after the first leak, and it leaked again,
I checked the O rings and cleaned it in case there was dirt or something making the locking ring not close fully, but again I got a leak.
I can only put it down to user error or the water temp affected the system (the temp was 4C).
Regardless of the cause of the leak, diving in water that cold really hurts your finger joints when they get cold and wet.
One of the people who I was with said they have Kubi gloves and never had any issues.

I have looked at the Kubi system, and it looks good, but before I go and invest a chunk of money ( kubi glove system, the removal of the Si-tech system, the fitting of the kubi system, and buying Kubi gloves)
I just wanted to ask what people think of them.

cheers

Yes, it’s worth the money. Easy to get new gloves on (at least the thin ones that come with the system). That’s saying something, as I don’t have a ton of hand strength. I use them on DUI silicone ZipSeals.

Thank you.
I have seen the thin gloves, and the thermal under gloves, do you know if they do thick lined gloves, for cold water?
As I intend to do some ice diving, and was planning on wearing 3 finger lobster gloves and under gloves, but I haven't been able to find anywhere that sells thick gloves for the Kubi system. (admittedly I have only looked in the dive shops I can get to as I want to try them on before buying).

Thank you.
I have seen the thin gloves, and the thermal under gloves, do you know if they do thick lined gloves, for cold water?
As I intend to do some ice diving, and was planning on wearing 3 finger lobster gloves and under gloves, but I haven't been able to find anywhere that sells thick gloves for the Kubi system. (admittedly I have only looked in the dive shops I can get to as I want to try them on before buying).

I’ve gone diving with the thin Kubi gloves down to 40F. I use Fourth Element fleece liners. My fingers were fine. I bet others have used different gloves with the Kubi rings so they’ll have to answer.

Simple answer yes.

My last suit had the Sitech Seal system, that gave me the opportunity to try the Sitech dry gloves.
After a season, I changed to the Kubi system (partly for the smaller rings).. When I spec'ed the new suit, I had Kubi's fitted
thank you, what size rings did you go for?
I ask as when I was quoted the cost to have it all changed, I was told that if I decided to have 90mm or 70mm rings there would be extra costs as they would have to alter the suit size making the wrists bigger or smaller.

I’ve gone diving with the thin Kubi gloves down to 40F. I use Fourth Element fleece liners. My fingers were fine. I bet others have used different gloves with the Kubi rings so they’ll have to answer.
Thank you, stupidly I didn't think that you could change the gloves, for some reason I thought they were attached permanently to the rings. I surprise myself at how stupid I can be sometimes.

thank you

I have used the SiTech Quick Glove and SiTech Glove Lock systems. The Quick Glove leaked from time to time due to my error. I had more success with the Glove Lock but found it rather bulky especially for sidemount. I now use pullover gloves, the Marigold Industrial one, and I have yet to have a leak. They slip right over the permanent rings that are used with the Glove Lock and Quick Glove systems. You might want to try this $5 solution before spending on the Kubi system which, while great by all accounts, is a little pricey. I know what it is like to have a leak in cold water, my Quick Glove leaked in 30 degree F water and my hand felt like it was a club by the end of the dive.

I have used the SiTech Quick Glove and SiTech Glove Lock systems. The Quick Glove leaked from time to time due to my error. I had more success with the Glove Lock but found it rather bulky especially for sidemount. I now use pullover gloves, the Marigold Industrial one, and I have yet to have a leak. They slip right over the permanent rings that are used with the Glove Lock and Quick Glove systems. You might want to try this $5 solution before spending on the Kubi system which, while great by all accounts, is a little pricey. I know what it is like to have a leak in cold water, my Quick Glove leaked in 30 degree F water and my hand felt like it was a club by the end of the dive.
Thank you,
I will have a look for the way you suggested, and see if it will work as good for me, hopefully it will and save some money.
thank you

Back
Top Bottom