Is the inside of your home's garage painted?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garage? Could you define that term? Is that where I'd put my golf cart if I had one?

We just had a detached 24x24 garage built, we left it with raw studs showing since it's just an overgrown storage unit.

The painting contractor told me he would have garage painted before we moved in. It would give the house a nice touch. That was in March of 1989....maybe he will show up this weekend.

The painting contractor told me he would have garage painted before we moved in. It would give the house a nice touch. That was in March of 1989....maybe he will show up this weekend.

:rofl3:

When we bought our home 6 years ago the estimate to drywall, paint it and add cabinets was 1200.00 dollars. I said I would do the work little by little. I think I will start next week.

When we bought our home 6 years ago the estimate to drywall, paint it and add cabinets was 1200.00 dollars. I said I would do the work little by little. I think I will start next week.

No way! $1,200 is way to cheap, I would have asked for an estimate and put them to work.

After we got done sheetrocking we got a quote from a pro to do the texture of $1,000 alone. A $20 gun from HF and a bucket of texture from HD was much cheaper. Plus it was fun since it was only the garage.

For pretty much the same cabinets we built it was going to be $10,000 by a cabinet manufacturer installed. $960 in supplies from HD and we built them ourselves.

Hmmmm, no wonder when I tried to contact the contractor he was out of business. He didn't charge enough.

Painted? Ours isn't even drywalled! There was originally a DIY built-in workbench, but we ripped it out when it became clear that it was just a glorified shelf, and without it we could put in lots of shelves.
Ours is a detached garage, so it isn't part of the house. That makes the finishing seem less important.

I wish I had a garage! A carport just isn't the same.

My daughter and her husband bought a house with a garage. This past month, we've been helping them insulate and drywall the inside (walls were only finished outside; open studs inside). My daughter plans on finishing the drywall and painting it nicely. They use the garage primarily as a game room.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom