Is the industry picking up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To the dive business owners (but anyone else can comment,) how are things going in your respective areas? Do you feel that the dive industry is picking up

Yes, definitely. We (NSS-CDS) are running a LOT more cave classes now.

... (but anyone else can comment,)...
The AM boats in JUP/WPB for the 4th of July weekend are 98% sold out. Blue Heron Bridge is PACKED with classes and we interrupted one this afternoon teasing the teacher because we knew her. Agree with @Capt Jim Wyatt comments 100%.

My LDS is running OW and AOW courses, possibly Rescue and have booked charters for local divers.

Just got back from Ft Lauderdale, had a afternoon dive on June 1st. Our group of 5 where the only ones on the boat, the shops other 2 boats had none. I heard the DM complaining that he is not making any money, even when the boats are full. He has gone from 6 days a week to 2, since I dove with him in April. Maybe its him... maybe the price hikes are hurting the tips.

My LDS is about to reopen confined water training after coming up with a workaround to the closed city pools. Hasn’t been easy.

A lot of Canadians are looking at a travel rich winter ahead and want to get a jump on training, wether it’s their first foray into scuba or getting their advanced card and even new travel gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom