Is the henderson Gold core Hood the best DS hood on the market?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MASS-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm in the market for a new hood (my DUI one is all done). I'm looking for the warmest hood out there (baring going to an attached hood etc).

Is the henderson gold core the way to go?

Thanks

I just got one, heard the same thing, haven't tried it yet though.

Mass-Diver

I have a 6mm otter bay - amazing hood. Super warm. I am thinking of going for their 12mm hood. I have a hood from WetWear - it is custom and it is a tad to tight tight on mel... It is a Med/Lrg. If you want to try it on, just PM Me.

I got a 12mm Otter Bay and it is incredible. I sent my measurements via email and had it a week or two later. Fits like a champ. I went through their shop and they even trimmed it for me around the face, but that's not necessary and you can do it yourself.

It's a very high quality hood with a great face seal and lots of coverage. The custom fit cannot be beat. Drop them an email. I'd bet they whallop the snot out of Henderson hoods.

i have the 5/3 gold core hooded vest and absolutely love it, i come out of so cal waters steaming even though my 7mm suit was too big on me, i just bought the 7/5 gold core wet suit, and used it once so far, and im completely satisfied

MASS-Diver:
I'm in the market for a new hood (my DUI one is all done). I'm looking for the warmest hood out there (baring going to an attached hood etc).

Is the henderson gold core the way to go?

Thanks

I found dive rite to have a nice hood

I dive in 40degree to 45 degree water and my Seasoft Ti-pro hood is very warm. Seasoft makes it a point to get rid of unecessary extra seams. Whether or not the Titanium foil makes a real difference, I can't say, but I'm always warm.

Back
Top Bottom