Is tapatalk "worth it"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's one of the few apps I've purchased and I don't regret it. Originally I bought it for the Cruise Critic forum to keep up to date with the roll call thread while traveling. Later I added ScubaBoard.

I don't know what ScubaBoard pays on the back end but I appreciate it. The push notifications when I get PM's and easy access to read and reply to them even when I'm at work is priceless. It's helped me plan many a last minute dive trips.

The ability to see new posts on threads I've participated in is very nice also.

So yes, I'd say buy it.

Forum owners pay nothing for tapatalk backed. It is funded by the mobile device users who get the benefit. The forum owners do potentially lose advertising revenue.

I find it great most of the time but have found that there are instances where posts are not displayed (seem to be long posts) which you can generally realize when you see just a signature. Tapatalk does at least have an option to view these posts in a web browser but it's something I'd like to see fixed.

I use the scubaboard app on my s3, it's free. Isn't it powered by tapatalk but can only access the scubaboard forum?

Absolutely worth it. Fast and easy to use. Plus we all get to jokingly gripe about auto correct.

It's auto-correct via Tapatalk 2, figure it out. :D

Must say I agree, several forums (this one included) have somewhat annoying web access to me personally. The tapatalk app makes them all the Same, makes PMs a breeze, and sorting by new posts, latest posts you've participated in, etc... I actually prefer browsing the forums now on my phone... So yah, my vote is its worth it!

Does everyone have the normal tapatalk or the HD version? I have an iPad with retina. Can I use it on both my iPhone and iPad or do I have to buy it twice?

I think I just have the regular Tapatalk. Once you buy it if your phone and IPad are on the same iTunes account and you have them sync it will appear on both.

Sent from my IPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom