Is Suunto Zoop Novo good for scientific Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Realistically, your air consumption probably won't change all that much based on your task. It isn't like laying out a line takes more air than counting fish or using a quadrat. Certainly doing things in a different order won't matter. You'll complete the objectives in order of importance, not what you can squeeze into a dive.

I find that air consumption does vary based on task and more particularly conditions. Laying the tape my gas use is up, cased on surge or current. There is a need to swim a line and tie down the tape and this can mean fighting the conditions. Doing fish the surge can be used to do the "U" shaped dive across the transact. Other tasks such as Substrate or Photo Transact are also affected by current or surge.

I totally agree the objective is to complete the important or key task. There should be enough divers to undertake all required tasks with safety, we do not add extra tasks 'if we have time'. We also have regular points (4) in the survey dive where the diver logs time and gas to address the task loading challenges where people will forget to check.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom