Is SI Tech the go to for exhaust valves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had an Apeks low profile that leaked on every dive. People will tell you to turn it in a click or two, never had to worry about any of that on my old suit with Si-tech. I eventually changed to Si tech has been dry ever since and yes it drops right in.

There are two versions of the Apeks low profile valve. Possibly less leaking issues with the new one.
I have had Sitechs leak too, and think that it is a dumping rate issue in the end.

OK, so I have reassembled the valve after cleaning it. Apparently I only thought I broke it as it is fine in that respect. It wasn't very dirty to be honest which leads me to have even less faith in the valve itself. My suit is a 2006 which I don't know would have the old style or new on the valve but it really doesn't matter.

My issue now is that Dive Right In's dry suit repair shop tells me that the SI tech wont fit and everyone else says it will. They are seemingly the only place I am finding that actually have the valve. However, today I have come prepared with the valve and the measurement of the existing hole in order to confirm compatibility.

Apeks and SiTech have different diameter holes, I don't remember which needs the smaller hole.
If you are replacing the valve in a big hole with a smaller hole'd valve, all that needs to replaced and glued is the rubber seat on both sides of the suit for the new valve. Going the other way also requires you to cut the hole in the suit a little bit larger.
Price of the new valve and rubber seat + $25 for the work would be reasonable. If you don't get the special valve for contaminated water, your new valve will also eventually leak.

Michael

Apeks and SiTech have different diameter holes, I don't remember which needs the smaller hole.
If you are replacing the valve in a big hole with a smaller hole'd valve, all that needs to replaced and glued is the rubber seat on both sides of the suit for the new valve. Going the other way also requires you to cut the hole in the suit a little bit larger.
Price of the new valve and rubber seat + $25 for the work would be reasonable. If you don't get the special valve for contaminated water, your new valve will also eventually leak.

Michael
I love the idea of the contaminated water valve. However it may have to come at a later date as I can find none in America and it looks like delivery times are a month or more.

I will be doing the work myself so I just need the parts.

There are two versions of the Apeks low profile valve. Possibly less leaking issues with the new one.
I have had Sitechs leak too, and think that it is a dumping rate issue in the end.
Dumping may be the cause in some , in my case after much frustration I sent it back they tested it and found out it was faulty. When they replaced it I requested a Si tech.

Michael
I have a fusion that came with an Apeks that leaked from day one. I replaced it with a Si tech and there was no need for any alteration
OK, so I have reassembled the valve after cleaning it. Apparently I only thought I broke it as it is fine in that respect. It wasn't very dirty to be honest which leads me to have even less faith in the valve itself. My suit is a 2006 which I don't know would have the old style or new on the valve but it really doesn't matter.

My issue now is that Dive Right In's dry suit repair shop tells me that the SI tech wont fit and everyone else says it will. They are seemingly the only place I am finding that actually have the valve. However, today I have come prepared with the valve and the measurement of the existing hole in order to confirm compatibility.

I had a brand new fusion that I sent back to Dive right in and they tested the Apeks and found it was a bad valve (brand new).They replaced it with a Si tech on my request, there was not any alteration done and it has been leak free since. So I am not sure about why the say it wouldn't fit mine did?

Alright. USIA can through with the valve and port gasket. So kudos to them. I have the port gasket installed and it is at a glance substantially better than the apeks.

My last question is do you guys apply a sealant on these or is the gasket good to go. I am referring to the interface of the gasket and valve.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom