Is Scuba Pro ignoring my emails and not returning my computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sloeber

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi,

I sent my dive computer back for repair. You've had it now for over 2 weeks. So far it has not been returned, and 3 emails have gone unanswered. Has scubapro decided to ignore my request for help and steal my dive computer?

The computer was delivered on Wednesday, 05/30/2012 at 10:40 A.M. and left at the office signed by Kay. It was sent under the name of Henry C. Schultz.

Thanks for your help.

I sent my Luna into Scubapro via my LDS and it took about 3 or 4 weeks to come back. I have never gotten a response using email, so I always call: 619-402-1023 or 800-467-2822.

I got a reply via email, thanks!

I was interested in some SP gear a while ago, sent numerous emails received not one response so gave up and went elsewhere. Hope you get it sorted.

The crazy thing is that there is a ScubaPro rep on here somewhere that seems to post only when convenient. I am (not) shocked that she hasn't posted yet.

I am glad that you received the email from Tech Support in reference to your computer repair. The time delay when a repair is at a LDS we cannot control but will certainly follow up when notified of a problem to ensure the customer receives the correct information. Many comments come in that SCUBAPRO 'did not answer their email' which is confusing as we have a full staff answering all emails on a daily basis. I beleive that some of these emails are accidentally being sent to other global sites, not the USA site. We apologize for any missing replies but be assured they are checked and answered within a fiew days.

I was interested in some SP gear a while ago, sent numerous emails received not one response so gave up and went elsewhere. Hope you get it sorted.

Why not call them and have an actual conversation rather than email, wait, email, wait, email, wait. A 10 minute phone call can solve 3 days worth of emails and waiting for return emails.

Why not call them and have an actual conversation rather than email, wait, email, wait, email, wait. A 10 minute phone call can solve 3 days worth of emails and waiting for return emails.

Phones go unanswered, messages go unreturned. E-mails with a return receipt ensure that the e-mail has been seen and routed appropriately. Then the response determines the level of customer service. If an email has not been responded to within 24 hours of the return receipt, even with an out of office auto reply, or an "I'm really busy and your query will take me a couple of days to chase down" response, then the sales person obviously doesn't give a crap about making the sale, and therefore is deserving of complete contempt, and also adding to as many 420 lists as possible. Any response is deserving of an additional 7 day wait, then a followup e-mail. Expecting a return e-mail within an hour is unrealistic, and if you need an answer that fast, you need to call and put up with missed calls and unreturned messages.

Why yes it could except that I live in Japan and making a phone call to the US is expensive from a cell phone.

Im pretty patient with emails to big companies and am ok waiting 7 days for a reply, I'm ok with sending a reminder email and waiting another 7 days, after that if no response I'm done. However if it's something that only that company can provide and something I really want I'll dance some more.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom