Is safe second really needed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, the way around that one is to get your own boat. When you own it, you decide what the rules are. That's always been how it works on boats.

There are some locations where City Council members decide that anyone diving in their town needs to wear a snorkel ... or dive with a buddy ... or whatever rules make sense to them. And those folks often aren't even divers (they're listening to some insurance salesman or some such).

We've got a local shop owner who once told me that it's a FEDERAL LAW that you have to have one of those silly banner stickers on your nitrox tank ... and that the ones I have that say GEEZER GAS don't count.

The usual recourse is to take your business elsewhere.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Very true, but I am still trying to figure out how to get a 20' whaler in my carry on luggage for my trip to Fiji? Any suggestions?

"Geezer Gas" that's a good one. I was looking at the "This is not YOUR tank" and "VooDoo Gas" tank stickers from Airspeedpress.

Very true, but I am still trying to figure out how to get a 20' whaler in my carry on luggage for my trip to Fiji? Any suggestions?
LOL ... how about an inflatable kayak ... :D

"Geezer Gas" that's a good one. I was looking at the "This is not YOUR tank" and "VooDoo Gas" tank stickers from Airspeedpress.

I've got some of those too ... but our local club had some special "Geezer Gas" stickers made. They contain all the appropriate verbiage (May contain gases other than air) but some LDS owners don't have much of a sense of humor ... :depressed:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If you figure out how to get your 20 foot Whaler in a suitcase you let me in on it. I have tried packing my Outrage but it seems I am a few feet short and a little over weight limit.

On my boat you can use any gear you like any way you like as long as the tanks have boots on them. Oh, I am the boss, I bought the boat, I pay the gas, I get to say.

N

well a whaler doesn't have to be in one piece to float... you can always take it over in 50lb chucks.

I liked "geezer gas" as well. I was going to ask NWGratefulDiver where to get some stickers for my dad, but he already answered that. So can I order some NWGratefulDiver?

I liked "geezer gas" as well. I was going to ask NWGratefulDiver where to get some stickers for my dad, but he already answered that. So can I order some NWGratefulDiver?

It was a special order ... but I need some more anyway. I'll check and let you know if I can get some.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I was looking at the "This is not YOUR tank" ... stickers from Airspeedpress.

Just slap on "ARGON: DO NOT BREATH[E]"

:D

You ought to be able to make your own, I make my own VIP stickers. I don't charge myself for a VIP either!

N

Just slap on "ARGON: DO NOT BREATH[E]"
:D

That will be sure to ruffle a few Feathers when you try to jump in to the water sucking on a bottle that says ARGON. Sounds fun, maybe I will try it. I could also get a few other good stickers to slap on there to like N2O,CO, NE, C10H5ClN2, along with the Argon sticker. See if anybody mentions my lack of an octo then?????

You ought to be able to make your own, I make my own VIP stickers. I don't charge myself for a VIP either!

N

I would be interested in when you make those.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom